Ron Hutchinson, Film Historian (leader and co-founder of The Vitaphone Project)
2019-02-03 23:04:33 UTC
Ron was a wonderful, gregarious guy who brought a forgotten film genre back to life. He will be missed deeply.

https://www.facebook.com/ron.hutchinson.908/posts/10157034210254321
Ron Hutchinson
2/3/19, 4:50 PM
It is with great sadness that our family announces the passing of a wonderful husband, father, and grandfather - Ron Hutchinson passed away suddenly this past Saturday due to cancer. Ron was well known as a film historian through his tremendous efforts restoring early Vitaphone films. His love, humor, and support will be missed by many. A memorial service is planned for Saturday February 9th from 1 - 4 pm at the Piscataway Funeral Home in Piscataway NJ.

http://www.vitaphoneproject.com/
Terry del Fuego
2019-02-04 14:17:36 UTC
Post by Diner
Ron was a wonderful, gregarious guy who brought a forgotten
film genre back to life. He will be missed deeply.
The multi-disc set of the original "The Jazz Singer" that came out
several years back is packed with Vitaphone shorts. They're amazing
little bits of history due to both the content and the technique. The
process made editing painful and it wasn't really possible to dub, so
the shorts tend toward "The camera's on, do your act." In at least one
case I can think of, that includes a pretty blatant line flub.

is fun.