Suzanne Whang, 57, TV host/narrator, HGTV's "House Hunters"
2019-09-20 22:51:20 UTC
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/suzanne-whang-dead-house-hunters-host-was-57-1241408

TV

'House Hunters' Host Suzanne Whang Dies at 57

10:32 AM PDT 9/20/2019
by the Associated Press

Whang was first the onscreen host of the show. Later, she was moved to the narration role only.

Suzanne Whang, whose smooth, calm voice provided the narration for HGTV's House Hunters for years, has died. She was 57.

Her Tuesday death was confirmed Friday by her longtime agent, Eddie Culbertson. Whang first gained fame as the onscreen host of the show, where anxious home buyers are shown trying to choose between three potential options.

Later, she was moved to the narration role only, but her recognizable voice was as much a draw as the homes.

Culbertson says Whang was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006 and in 2011 was told she would not live a year.

She beat the disease for years until it returned in October 2018.

Culbertson says Whang — who was also a comedian and actress— included her cancer battle in stage performances.
Kenny McCormack
2019-09-20 23:53:51 UTC
In article <601ad0fb-17c6-4945-bf9b-***@googlegroups.com>,
That Derek <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
Culbertson says Whang — who was also a comedian and actress— included her
cancer battle in stage performances.
I knew her as a frequent guest on The Stephanie Miller Show.

I don't watch HGTV, so know nothing of any of that.
--
Modern Conservative: Someone who can take time out from demanding more
flag burning laws, more abortion laws, more drug laws, more obscenity
us that we need to "get the government off our backs".
RH Draney
2019-09-21 00:46:01 UTC
Suzanne Whang, whose smooth, calm voice provided the narration for HGTV's House Hunters for years, has died. She was 57.
Her Tuesday death was confirmed Friday by her longtime agent, Eddie Culbertson. Whang first gained fame as the onscreen host of the show, where anxious home buyers are shown trying to choose between three potential options.
I first knew of her as one of the "Road Warriors" on FX's "Breakfast
Time", which would have been in the mid 1990s...other Road Warriors
included Phil Keoghan (later of "The Amazing Race") and the on-topic
(since 1997) Spencer Garbett....r