Test posting only
Add Reply
radioacti...@gmail.com
2020-08-30 12:30:07 UTC
Just testing to see if this new format allows me to do so; didn't seem to on my first two attempts.

STYBLE/Florida
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-30 15:55:36 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Just testing to see if this new format allows me to do so; didn't seem
to on my first two attempts.
Couldn't you test post with a real article? Otherwise, please use one of
several hundred *.test newsgroups.

Every Usenet user is better off using a newsreader and subscribing to a
genuine Usenet server versus using Google Groups, which has always been
the worst way to post to Usenet. This just can't be said too many times.
Topic Cop
2020-08-31 12:05:57 UTC
there is an alt.test, dummy
Kenny McCormack
2020-08-31 12:37:24 UTC
Post by Topic Cop
Post by ***@gmail.com
Just testing to see if this new format allows me to do so; didn't
seem to on my first two attempts.
STYBLE/Florida
there is an alt.test, dummy
There are crash test dummies, too, but I don't see what point you are
driving at...
Pensacola - the thinking man's drink.
Larc
2020-08-31 13:32:49 UTC
On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 05:05:57 -0700 (PDT), Topic Cop <***@live.com> wrote:

| On Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 5:30:12 AM UTC-7, ***@gmail.com wrote:
| > Just testing to see if this new format allows me to do so; didn't seem to on my first two attempts.
| >
| > STYBLE/Florida
|
| there is an alt.test, dummy

What does it matter? It's not as if there are so many posts on Usenet these days
that groups such as this one are clogged by them.

Larc
Adam H. Kerman
Because there's just no need to be annoying.
MJ Emigh
2020-08-31 21:54:39 UTC
Eh, I didn't find it annoying. But I did find the arguments that followed it quite entertaining. I guess we've all had too much time on our hands since March.
m***@gmail.com
I find your posts scolding him for not using alt.test and using Google Groups more annoying than the OP.
Louis
2020-09-02 01:18:11 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Larc
Post by Topic Cop
Post by ***@gmail.com
Just testing to see if this new format allows me to do so; didn't seem to on my first two attempts.
there is an alt.test, dummy
What does it matter? It's not as if there are so many posts on Usenet these days
that groups such as this one are clogged by them.
Because there's just no need to be annoying.
I find your posts scolding him for not using alt.test and using Google Groups more annoying than the OP.
I don't.

Bare-bones testing is for misc.test and alt.test...
to test to a real group send something relevant,like
"NOT DEAD:Bryan Styble".

Bermuda999
I find your post scolding him for scolding Unstable Styble for not using alt.test and using Google Groups more annoying than the OP
m***@gmail.com
Yes, all of the finger pointing and getting panties in a knot over this major issue can certainly be annoying. I'm glad we have our priorities.
Adam H. Kerman
Thanks for all YOUR finger pointing and getting your own panties into a knot!
Kenny McCormack
2020-08-31 18:20:19 UTC
Post by Larc
| > Just testing to see if this new format allows me to do so; didn't seem to on
my first two attempts.

| > STYBLE/Florida
|
| there is an alt.test, dummy
What does it matter? It's not as if there are so many posts on Usenet these days
that groups such as this one are clogged by them.
Because they don't call him "Topic Cop" for nothing.
http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/Seriously