Kansai Yamamoto, Designer With Ziggy Stardust as a Client, Dies at 76
Add Reply
Matthew Kruk
2020-07-30 13:35:38 UTC
Unapologetically flamboyant, he shaped the look of David Bowie's alter ego and
also worked with Elton John and Stevie Wonder.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/fashion/kansai-yamamoto-david-bowie-japanese-fashion-designer-dies.html
Bryan Styble
2020-07-31 06:06:58 UTC
I sure don't have much of a fashion sense, BUT:

I can't imagine how ANYONE could find pleasant-to-the-look that wacky bow-legged, wavy-pinstripe thing that the late Yamamoto so creatively cursed Bowie with...and an alien-looking outfit which, as I recall, Time chose to use front-and-center for its Bowie cover-treatment obit!

Who would want to be remembered looking like that?!?

2020-07-31 10:10:22 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
I can't imagine how ANYONE could find pleasant-to-the-look that wacky bow-legged, wavy-pinstripe thing that the late Yamamoto so creatively cursed Bowie with...and an alien-looking outfit which, as I recall, Time chose to use front-and-center for its Bowie cover-treatment obit!
Who would want to be remembered looking like that?!?
Lady Gaga wore a Rule 63 version of that outfit for her Bowie tribute at
the Grammys....r
Bryan Styble
2020-07-31 22:28:43 UTC
Didn't know about that Gaga outfit; her wild attire often strikes me as outlandish-but-still-somehow-cool, probably because she's: (1) such a exquisite-looking lady (her simple-minded politics notwithstanding); and (2) such a talented pianist, singer and dancer.

Accordingly, I'll try to find a copy of that photo, RH, and thanks for the referral in the meantime.

BUT: once AGAIN your erudition has flown right over my dimwitted head; i.e., what the heck is Rule 63, and how might I avoid violating it?

STYBLE/Florida
RH Draney
2020-08-01 00:00:04 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
Didn't know about that Gaga outfit; her wild attire often strikes me as outlandish-but-still-somehow-cool, probably because she's: (1) such a exquisite-looking lady (her simple-minded politics notwithstanding); and (2) such a talented pianist, singer and dancer.
Accordingly, I'll try to find a copy of that photo, RH, and thanks for the referral in the meantime.
BUT: once AGAIN your erudition has flown right over my dimwitted head; i.e., what the heck is Rule 63, and how might I avoid violating it?
Rule 63: "For any given male character, there is a female version of
that character." This rule's exceptions are only in the instance that A:
the male character is already so androgynous that a female version would
be basically the same, or B: the female version hasn't been drawn yet.

....r