Edd Byrnes, 87
Bryan Styble
2020-01-09 23:31:04 UTC
Wikipedia's editor have added the cool Kookie portrayer to their roster of notable decedents of Wednesday, January 8, 2020, having expired at 87 in Santa Monica.

During my eleven years in Los Angeles, Edd With Two Ds was always high on the list of famous faces this world-class celebrity hound hoped I would run into here or there...and yeah, had it ever occurred, I would have introduced myself by inquiring if I might borrow his comb.

Oh, and NEVER FORGET: Kookie, then a bad guy, was sent to execution chamber at the conclusion of the aired pilot of "77 Sunset Strip"...only to pull a Lazarus for the regular run of the series, rectified with a nifty little he-was-just-too-big-a-hit-to-kill-off! disclaimer by Efrem Zimbalist Jr. preceding the next episode.

2020-01-10 00:20:22 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
Wikipedia's editor have added the cool Kookie portrayer to their roster of notable decedents of Wednesday, January 8, 2020, having expired at 87 in Santa Monica.
During my eleven years in Los Angeles, Edd With Two Ds was always high on the list of famous faces this world-class celebrity hound hoped I would run into here or there...and yeah, had it ever occurred, I would have introduced myself by inquiring if I might borrow his comb.
Oh, and NEVER FORGET: Kookie, then a bad guy, was sent to execution chamber at the conclusion of the aired pilot of "77 Sunset Strip"...only to pull a Lazarus for the regular run of the series, rectified with a nifty little he-was-just-too-big-a-hit-to-kill-off! disclaimer by Efrem Zimbalist Jr. preceding the next episode.
With the passing of Joan Staley (Zimbalist's secretary in the reworked
sixth season) just two months earlier, Byrnes' death leaves only
Jacqueline Beer and (shudder) Robert Logan from the regular cast....r
That Derek
2020-01-10 00:55:53 UTC
At one of the Baltimore-area MANC/Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Conventions (2007? 2008?), I had the pleasure of having interviewed Mr. Byrnes on a celebrity panel. He was one of the autograph best as was yesterday's birthday boy (01/08) Larry Storch.

When I mentioned that the Justice League of America's teen-aged mascot "Snapper Carr" had been based on his "Kookie" character, he did not have any idea of what I was talking about. He never heard of Lucas "Snapper" Carr.

Clueless-ville, Snap Snap.

It was a convoluted storyline, but somehow Edd Byrnes and the heavy metal group Anthrax ended up in the same episode of "Married ... With Children." Baby, it's the ginchiest.

David Carson
2020-01-10 05:48:20 UTC
On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 15:31:04 -0800 (PST), Bryan Styble
Post by Bryan Styble
Wikipedia's editor have added the cool Kookie portrayer to their roster of notable decedents of Wednesday, January 8, 2020, having expired at 87 in Santa Monica.
[snip]

Many sources are reporting his age as 86, which would be consistent with
his DOB universally being listed as 30 July 1933.

Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com