David LaCock, 68, artist, son of TV host Peter Marshall
2021-08-07 17:40:18 UTC
https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/08/07/hollywood-squares-original-host-peter-marshall-mourns-death-of-68-year-old-son-from-covid-in-hawaii

“Hollywood Squares” Original Host Peter Marshall Mourns Death of 68 Year Old Son from COVID, in Hawaii
by Roger Friedman - August 7, 2021 10:55 am

Peter Marshall, beloved famed host of the original “Hollywood Squares,” is mourning the death of his son from COVID. Dave La Cock was 68 and lived in Hawaii. (La Cock is Marshall’s real last name.)

Marshall, 95, wrote on Twitter: “In loving memory of my free-spirited son, David, whom we just lost to COVID. He was joyful, beautiful, magnificent, giving, doting & talented. He made this a better world. He made our family’s lives sweeter. I urge you to get vaccinated-if not for yourself, for those you love.”

LaCock was a pineapple farmer, artist (painter), and a hippie in the best sense of the word from what I can tell. But according to a GoFundMe Page he was hit with COVID on June 30th and went into a rapid decline. On July 5th David was intubated and put on a ventilator. You can read the whole story here on that page.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/sw38pe
It’s unclear if LaCock was vaccinated. (Anyone with that info you’re welcome to email us at ***@gmail.com.)

A couple of years ago, Peter Marshall came into New York from California to celebrate a documentary about “Dick van Dyke Show” actress Rose Marie at Sardi’s. I had the pleasure of meeting him there, and walking with through Shubert Alley afterwards. He was just the nicest guy, a real gentleman, and this must be a blow to him and his family. Condolences to all of them.

© Showbiz411.com All rights reserved.
Louis Epstein
2021-08-07 19:22:48 UTC
Post by Diner
[...]
A regular Hollywood Square,along with Charley Weaver and Paul Lynde.
2021-08-07 21:48:46 UTC
And Morey Amsterdam, which is who RM was paired with.
Louis Epstein
2021-08-08 00:39:59 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Diner
A couple of years ago, Peter Marshall came into New York from California to
celebrate a documentary about ?Dick van Dyke Show? actress Rose Marie at
A regular Hollywood Square,along with Charley Weaver and Paul Lynde.
And Morey Amsterdam, which is who RM was paired with.
I remember Wally Cox,but not Amsterdam...were they on in
different seasons?

2021-08-08 02:50:15 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by A Friend
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Diner
A couple of years ago, Peter Marshall came into New York from California to
celebrate a documentary about ?Dick van Dyke Show? actress Rose Marie at
A regular Hollywood Square,along with Charley Weaver and Paul Lynde.
And Morey Amsterdam, which is who RM was paired with.
I remember Wally Cox,but not Amsterdam...were they on in
different seasons?
I can't find seasonal lineups, but Rose Marie and Morey Amsterdam were
on, together, for at least several seasons. Kenny Williams, the
announcer, would go through the first few Squares and then say "Rose
Marie! Morey Amsterdam!" before continuing.
TeddyKGB
2021-08-07 22:43:12 UTC
I believe he has another son who was a professional baseball player for the Cubs, I think.
Kenny McCormack
2021-08-07 23:11:27 UTC
Post by Diner
Peter Marshall, beloved famed host of the original 'Hollywood Squares', is
mourning the death of his son from COVID. Dave La Cock was 68 and lived in
Hawaii. (La Cock is Marshall's real last name.)
I believe he has another son who was a professional baseball player for the Cubs, I think.
Yes - according to Wikipedia, his birth name is Ralph Pierre "Pete" LaCock, Jr.
Born 1/17/52 and still off topic.

Incidentally, and totally unrelated, but I always think of these two family
names in combination, Judith Durham of The Seekers - her birth last name
was simply Cock. Durham was her mother's maiden name.
--
The motto of the GOP "base": You can't *be* a billionaire, but at least you
can vote like one.
Travoltron
2021-08-08 23:16:05 UTC
I just don't understand why people like this don't legally change their
names.
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-08-09 00:33:47 UTC
And, of course, the late junior LaCock was ALSO a nephew of the actress Joanne Dru, Peter Marshall's late sister.

Glad Vegas columnist Roger Friedman detailed his Sardi's time with Marshall; good to learn Marshall's breezy, genial air-personality isn't merely another phony Hollywood act.