Michel Roux, World-Famous Chef Who Trained Gordon Ramsey, Dead At 78
Add Reply
Big Mongo
2020-03-13 21:17:57 UTC
https://mediacomtoday.com/news/read/category/news/article/the_patriotnews-michel_roux_worldfamous_chef_who_trained_gordon_ra-tca

Michel Roux, World-Famous Chef Who Trained Gordon Ramsey, Dead At 78

March 12-- Mar. 12--Chef Michel Roux died Wednesday night at his home in Berkshire, southeast England. Roux opened Britain's first three Michelin-star restaurant. Roux had been diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, a lung disease, according to his family, as stated in a story by CNN. He was 78.

"It is with deep sadness that the Roux family announces the passing of our beloved grandfather, father, brother and uncle, Michel Roux OBE. The family would like to thank everyone for their support during his illness," his children Alain, Francine and Christine said in a statement.

Roux was born in Burgundy, France, and left school at the age of 14 to become a pastry apprentice before moving to Britain in 1967. There he opened the world-famous London restaurant, Le Gavroche, which went on to become the first British restaurant to win three Michelin stars.

He, along with his brother Albert, opened Le Gavroche in 1967, the first three Michelin starred restaurant in Britain, and in 1972, opened The Waterside Inn in Bray, Berkshire, which was awarded its third Michelin star in 1985. In 2010, The Waterside Inn became the first restaurant, outside of France, to retain all three stars for 25 years.

Roux is responsible for training several distinguished chefs in London including Gordon Ramsay, according to The Guardian.

In 1984, the Roux brothers founded the Roux Scholarship, a cooking competition for up-and-coming chefs that gives winners a three-month placement in a Michelin-starred restaurant.
Rick B.
2020-03-13 21:36:51 UTC
So this time, a roux made a chef.
David Carson
2020-03-14 03:18:28 UTC
Post by Big Mongo
https://mediacomtoday.com/news/read/category/news/article/the_patriotnews-michel_roux_worldfamous_chef_who_trained_gordon_ra-tca
Michel Roux, World-Famous Chef Who Trained Gordon Ramsey, Dead At 78
Roux is responsible for training several distinguished chefs in London including Gordon Ramsay, according to The Guardian.
"It's ROUUUUUUUUUUX!"

Adam H. Kerman
2020-03-14 18:20:04 UTC
Post by Big Mongo
Roux is responsible for training several distinguished chefs in London
including Gordon Ramsay, according to The Guardian.
How do Michelin stars work? You're responsible for tv loudmouth Gordon
Ramsey, but keep your stars? I don't get it.

That's an impressive professional career. I'm sorry he died that way,
which is horrible. I thought that was a disease of far younger people,
early 20s.