Lorli von Trapp Campbell, of 'Sound of Music' family, dies
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-24 19:27:40 UTC
https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/lorli-von-trapp-campbell-of-sound-of-music-family-dies-1.5632998
I heard an amusing segment on a repeat of This American Life from PRX on
The Sound of Music. Diane Wu remembered watching the movie numerous
times as a child. It was one of a handful of VHS tapes her family owned.

It turned out it was released to VHS on a two-tape set and they'd lost
the second tape.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/751/audience-of-one/act-one-0

This affected how she viewed the scenes of Liesl and Rolf, not realizing
there were Nazis in the movie or that Rolf was Hitler youth. She thought
he was a nice mailman and liked his romantic scenes, heh.

Yes, I realize this was a different sister.
Louis Epstein
2021-10-25 02:32:00 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/lorli-von-trapp-campbell-of-sound-of-music-family-dies-1.5632998
I heard an amusing segment on a repeat of This American Life from PRX on
The Sound of Music. Diane Wu remembered watching the movie numerous
times as a child. It was one of a handful of VHS tapes her family owned.
It turned out it was released to VHS on a two-tape set and they'd lost
the second tape.
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/751/audience-of-one/act-one-0
This affected how she viewed the scenes of Liesl and Rolf, not realizing
there were Nazis in the movie or that Rolf was Hitler youth. She thought
he was a nice mailman and liked his romantic scenes, heh.
Yes, I realize this was a different sister.
Movie "Liesl" was a fictionalization of the real oldest von Trapp
daughter,whose name was Agathe(1913-2010).She published a memoir
through the controversial PublishAmerica company in 2003 and it
was only reissued by a respected company in the year of her death;
in 2015 it was in turn adapted into a film.