OT: William Shatner, overweightless?
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-10-15 22:55:33 UTC
Anyone know if Shatner--who, when you run into him*, turns out to be WAY shorter than you'd expect--is now not merely the justifiably-proud OLDEST person in space clear back to Gagarin on Wednesday, April, 12, 1961...but also the FATTEST?

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
_______________________________
* As this inveterate celebrity hound was fortunate to do purely by chance alongside the lunch bar in Greenblatt's Deli one Tuesday night in 1988--and no, he wasn't chowing down a sub--whilst I was briefly playing hookey from my open-mike-night MC responsibilities at The Laugh Factory (which as you may well know is directly next door to the east, on the block "where The Sunset Strip COLLIDES with Hollywood!"**
** Really regret not emulating Pat "ThreePeat" Riley and never trademarking that inspired--if I do say so myself, and I sometimes do--phrase.
https://observer.com/2021/10/william-shatner-blue-origin-space-ride-draws-celebrity-criticism/
https://townhall.com/political-cartoons/2021/10/15/185818
Lenona
2021-10-19 16:13:23 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Anyone know if Shatner--who, when you run into him*, turns out to be WAY shorter than you'd expect-
Actually, I would expect him to be SHORTER than he really is, I think. (Unless he's shrunk considerably over the decades.)

That is, when I see him in the old episodes, he doesn't LOOK as tall as 5' 10," IMO.

Maybe that was partly due to his pudginess - and partly due to one or two taller actors in the cast, but I'm not sure which ones.