Pete DuPont, onetime Presidential contender, 86
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-05-09 08:34:45 UTC
Expiring yesterday at 86 on May 8th V-E Day+76, the ever earnest and genial Pierre Samuel "Please Call Me Pete and hold the IVth" du Pont IV always struck me as a likable guy by any standard, and certainly by that of the politician, GOP or Donkey, and I was sorry to see how his wealthy background seemed to work against him.

Wonder how close he and Biden ever were; they shared small-state and even First State commonality, but the late scion wasn't in the Senate. Then again, they HAD to have endlessly crossed paths if not locked partisan horns, because Dover's a pretty small--but lovely!--state capital. (While its capitol is sure no great shakes as far as rotundas go, the quaint city DOES boast the gravesite of Cesar Rodney*!)

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
* The founder with the distinction of being the first person portrayed on a State Quarter.
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-05-09 08:39:21 UTC
The headline should read Pete du Pont (not Pete DuPont).

We regret the misconfiguring and capitalization errors.

STYBLE/Florida