The Buck stops with Buck
Add Reply
danny burstein
2020-01-09 03:47:27 UTC
[Deadline]

Buck Henry, the legendary screenwriter behind The Graduate and What's
Up, Doc? who also co-created Get Smart and was a regular presence in the early
years of Saturday Night Live, died tonight of a heart attack at Cedars-Sinai
Health Center in Los Angeles. He was 89.
======
rest:
https://deadline.com/2020/01/buck-henry-dead-saturday-night-live-the-graduate-get-smart-1202825337/

***@panix.com
2020-01-09 03:55:08 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[Deadline]
Buck Henry, the legendary screenwriter behind The Graduate and What's
Up, Doc? who also co-created Get Smart and was a regular presence in the
early years of Saturday Night Live, died tonight of a heart attack at
Cedars-Sinai Health Center in Los Angeles. He was 89.
For some reason I most associate him with his role in David Bowie's film
"The Man Who Fell to Earth"...same as I did with Rip Torn...of featured
performers in that movie (for Bernie Casey I had other associations),
only Candy Clark is left....r
Bryan Styble
2020-01-09 04:56:23 UTC
And a diabolically cynical Colonel Korn in (the disappointing film version, with scriptwriting credit as well of) "Catch-22".

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
Bryan Styble
2020-01-09 05:31:46 UTC
And who could forget when John Belushi's samurai-something or other--a salami-slicing deli clerk, maybe?) swung his apparently-not-a-prop-sword and nearly lopped off SNL guest host Buck Henry's head--and in fact DID seriously nick Henry to the point where he did the remainder of the broadcast with a bloody-bandaged forehead.

Unless, of course, I once again just fell for a bunch of showbiz schtick.

STYBLE/Florida
Terry del Fuego
2020-01-09 13:43:45 UTC
Post by RH Draney
For some reason I most associate him with his role in David Bowie's film
"The Man Who Fell to Earth"...same as I did with Rip Torn...
Same here.

t***@gmail.com
2020-01-09 06:40:40 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[Deadline]
Buck Henry, the legendary screenwriter behind The Graduate and What's
Up, Doc? who also co-created Get Smart and was a regular presence in the early
years of Saturday Night Live, died tonight of a heart attack at Cedars-Sinai
Health Center in Los Angeles. He was 89.
======
https://deadline.com/2020/01/buck-henry-dead-saturday-night-live-the-graduate-get-smart-1202825337/
Buck Henry's mother kissed Ben Turpin and was paid for it.