NYC: Semi-OT (subway train involved)
2019-09-24 19:18:43 UTC
I only heard part of the report at first, so I initially thought that the father had failed to notice his 5-year-old daughter had fallen onto the tracks - and then tried to save her.

It was a lot worse - and better - than that.

That is, even IF that had been the case, she would have likely felt a certain crushing guilt for the rest of her life, but at least now, even though she'll be traumatized, she won't have that particular burden. Yes, the real story is far more appalling, but, in a way, less tragic than I thought.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nyc-man-jumps-in-front-of-subway-train-the-bronx-father-daughter-commuting/

But let's not forget the poor engineer... in this case and all such cases.

2019-09-26 00:28:42 UTC
Post by l***@yahoo.com
But let's not forget the poor engineer... in this case and all such cases.
And can you believe what happened while the Good Samaritan was rescuing the kid?

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/man-dies-after-jumping-on-subway-tracks-with-daughter-5-police-say/?amp=1

Just awful.