Mario Moore, 40, by a pack of dogs
2019-09-04 17:36:52 UTC
"I knew that those animals were going to kill someone."

https://wreg.com/2019/07/19/pack-of-dogs-attacks-kills-man-on-memphis-street/
Man mauled to death by dogs on Memphis street
Posted 4:27 pm, July 19, 2019, by Luke Jones and David Royer, Updated
at 10:22AM, July 23, 2019

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A 40-year-old man was mauled to death by a pack of
dogs on a Memphis street Thursday, police said.

Officers were called around 2 a.m. to Belle Haven and Meadowbrook in
southwest Memphis.

They found a man near that intersection with dog bites all over his
body. Paramedics performed CPR and he was taken in critical condition
to Regional Medical Center, where he later died from his injuries.

Police have identified the victim as Mario Moore.

Kevin Woods said he had just pulled up to the corner Thursday morning
when he saw what he thought was a bunch of dogs fighting.

“I seen about seven, eight dogs,” Woods said. “I thought they were
fighting with each other. Then I seen legs rolling around and I said,
they’re jumping on a dude. So I kinda whipped my car around and
started blowing my horn and they jumped off him.”

Police say they found “multiple aggressive dogs” across the street,
and were told those dogs were responsible for the attack.

Memphis Animal Services released the following statement on Tuesday:

Officers have impounded a total of 12 dogs from the immediate area
since the attack occurred, and although we believe we have all
involved dogs in our custody, we still have traps set and officers
patrolling the area. We have already determined four of these dogs
were not involved, and they will be available for adoption or rescue.
We will humanely euthanize any dog determined, based on the results of
our joint investigation with police, to have been involved in the
attack on the man who later died. Euthanasia of any involved animals
would be the result in any case where a human died as the result of an
attack.

We don’t use breed labels at MAS because visual identification of
breed has been shown through data to be very inaccurate and
undependable, but looking at them, they appear to be a variety of
mixed breeds, with shepherd mix and lab mix appearing to be the
dominant breeds.

Essie Jefferson was already terrified of dogs, but is even more
alarmed after the attack right outside her house.

“I’m just hearing now he died. That’s so sad. It could have been me or
anybody,” Jefferson said.

By Woods’ estimation, there are still at least two dogs that haven’t
been captured.

---------
https://wreg.com/2019/07/23/dogs-that-killed-man-had-attacked-before-woman-says/
Dogs that killed man had attacked before, woman says
Posted 5:33 pm, July 23, 2019, by Joneé Lewis, Updated at 06:28PM,
July 23, 2019

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Mario Moore was mauled to death by a pack of dogs in
southwest Memphis last week. But according to one woman, he may not
have been the only person victimized by the same dogs.

When her brother Mario moved to Memphis a year ago, Makisha Moore
never thought his life would end in a vicious dog attack.

"I just gasped," Makisha Moore said. "It's unreal. I would've never
imagine something like that happening to anyone, let alone my
brother."

As she tries to make sense of this loss, she thinks of her brother`s
warm smile and his children now without their father.

"In this situation, we'll never get our brother back. No matter what's
done about this case, we will never get our brother back and I
wouldn't want anyone else to have to suffer the way he did on that
street by himself," she said.

Sherry Pruitt says she understands some of what Moore felt, because
she says she was attacked while walking on that same street back in
May.

"I knew that's what was going to happen and that's what I was trying
to prevent," Pruitt said. "I felt horrible for that family because I
knew what it felt like for me and I made it. So I can't imagine what
that man went through."

WREG showed her pictures of the dogs involved in Moore's attack. She
immediately recognized them.

"That's the exact dog I described," she said, looking at one of the
pictures.

Pruitt questions why the dogs were still on the street three weeks
after she emailed Memphis Animal Services about them.

"I just feel it's negligent, because I did my part and that's why. I
knew that those animals were going to kill someone," she said.

However, the shelter says it responded within 15 minutes of receiving
the email asking for additional information, and didn't get a response
until Monday — after the attack.

They sent this statement that reads in part: "We take all calls for
field response seriously, but sometimes citizens don`t provide all the
needed information to make it possible for us to locate the dogs. That
was sadly what happened in this case."

Memphis Animal Services says its captured 12 dogs since the attack
Thursday, and still has traps set and officers are still patrolling
the area.

The shelter's director says they will euthanize the ones that were
involved in Moore's deadly attack. The shelter has already determined
that four of the dogs were not involved, and said they will be
available for adoption or rescue.
Terry del Fuego
2019-09-05 12:59:37 UTC
<https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2019-09-03/alabama-teen-kills-family>

Alabama teen confesses to killing his family, sheriff says

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
SEP. 4, 2019 12:06 AM
ELKMONT, Ala. - A 14-year-old boy admitted to killing five members of
his family, including his three younger siblings, in a slaying that
rattled a small Alabama town, authorities said Tuesday.
Limestone County sheriff’s spokesman Stephen Young said the boy called
911 at about 11 p.m. Monday. He met deputies on the driveway and told
them he heard gunshots upstairs while he was in the basement and he
ran out the door. The teen later confessed to being the one who pulled
the trigger, Young said.

"Upon being confronted with some of the inconsistencies, he did admit
to shooting the five family members. All five were family members and
all five lived in the residence," Young said.

The suspect’s 6-month-old brother, 5-year-old sister and 6-year-old
brother were among the victims. The adult victims were identified as
the teen’s 38-year-old father and 35-year-old stepmother. In a later
statement, the sheriff’s office said the children were stepsiblings of
the suspect.

He faces murder charges and is being held in a juvenile detention
facility. Young said he could face adult charges, including capital
murder.

Authorities didn’t describe any possible motive. They did not release
the teen’s name because he is a juvenile. The Associated Press is not
naming the adult victims because that would identify the underage
suspect.

The boy later led investigators to a 9 mm handgun tossed on the side
of the road near the residence, investigators said. The sheriff’s
office said the weapon was in the home illegally, but did not
elaborate.

The slayings rocked the quiet community of Elkmont, a tiny town of 500
just northwest of Huntsville and not far from the Alabama-Tennessee
border.

"This is a community that has a lot of healing to do right now," Young
told reporters.

The stepmother worked as a special education teacher in Huntsville,
according to her page on the school website.

"I have been in education for over 10 years working with students in
all walks of life. I am happily married with a great husband and four
beautiful children," she wrote on the school webpage.

A woman who answered the phone at a relative’s home said she couldn’t
comment right now.

"The whole town is just shaken by it," Elkmont Mayor Tracy Compton
told the Associated Press. "It is just total shock and disbelief. It’s
hard to process." Compton said he can’t remember the last time the
town had a murder.

Compton lives about a half-mile from the family. He said he remembers
the teen riding up and down the road on his minibike. "It’s just hard
to believe that’s the same person."

Young told WHNT that the 14-year-old attended Elkmont High School.

"Please be in prayer for our school and community. We will have extra
counselors at school today," Elkmont High School tweeted.
J.D. Baldwin
2019-09-05 13:11:34 UTC
Post by Terry del Fuego
The suspect's 6-month-old brother, 5-year-old sister and 6-year-old
brother were among the victims. The adult victims were identified as
the teen's 38-year-old father and 35-year-old stepmother. In a later
statement, the sheriff's office said the children were stepsiblings
of the suspect.
I'm not sure what product that ad is for, but I know I'm not interested.
2019-09-06 15:10:18 UTC
On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 13:11:34 +0000 (UTC),
Post by J.D. Baldwin
I'm not sure what product that ad is for, but I know I'm not interested.
I carefully went through and attempted to replace all the oddball
characters that wouldn't display but, despite having noticed
"ADVERTISEMENT" while copying, completely forgot to remove it.

Diagnosis: Chronic stupidity.

At least I now know that it's OK to blame someone else, "fix" it with
a Sharpie and not let it go for a week.

A Friend
2019-09-05 16:35:11 UTC
Authorities didn‚t describe any possible motive. They did not release
the teen‚s name because he is a juvenile. The Associated Press is not
naming the adult victims because that would identify the underage
suspect.
"The victims are: John Sisk, 38, the boy's father; his stepmother, Mary
Sisk, 35; his 6-year-old stepbrother; his 5-year-old stepsister; and
his 6-month-old stepbrother, Limestone County Sheriff's Office
spokesman Stephen Young told reporters. Earlier, authorities said the
child victims were siblings."

<snip>

"Investigators found the handgun allegedly used in the killings on 'the
side of the road nearby where it had been tossed,' the sheriff's office
said in a tweet. Earlier, the office said the teen was assisting police
in locating a 9 mm handgun that he had discarded near the scene.

"The handgun was in the home 'illegally,' Young said without
elaborating."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/03/us/alabama-residence-shooting/index.html