Charles Levin (and dog), 70, missing TV character actor (Alice; Hill St Blues; Golden Girls pilot as gay cook)
2019-07-15 02:20:39 UTC
https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/07/remains-found-in-josephine-county-thought-to-be-those-of-missing-hollywood-actor.html

News

Remains found in Southern Oregon thought to be those of missing Hollywood actor

Updated Jul 14, 3:37 PM; Posted Jul 14, 7:34 AM

By Kale Williams | The Oregonian/OregonLive

Human remains found in a rugged part of Southern Oregon are thought to be those of Charles Levin, a Hollywood actor reported missing last week, officials said Sunday.

Levin was reported missing from Grants Pass July 8 by his son after he hadn’t heard from his father for several days. The 70-year-old actor drove a distinctive orange 2012 Fiat and was known to frequently travel with a fawn-colored pug named Boo Boo Bear, according to police.

Using GPS data from Levin’s cell phone, search and rescue crews were able to narrow their search to a region near the town of Selma, southwest of Grants Pass, and scoured the rugged terrain for any sign of Levin.

Around 8 p.m. on Saturday, a resident in the area found Levin’s car on “very remote and almost impassable road,” the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety said in a news release. The car was off the road and disabled due to the terrain.

Levin’s pug, Boo Boo Bear, was found dead inside the vehicle.

Crews began a more intense search of the area around the car and, after several hours, found human remains.

“Based on the circumstances, there is a high probability that the remains are those of Charles Levin,” the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety said.

Levin played numerous roles on television comedies from the 80s and 90s like “Seinfeld,” “Night Court” and “Doogie Howser M.D.” Levin also had roles in more than a dozen movies, including “The Golden Child," “Annie Hall” and “This is Spinal Tap.”

No other details were given and officials said a final identification of the remains would be completed by the medical examiner.

-- Kale Williams
Michael OConnor
2019-07-15 02:44:58 UTC
I didn't recognize the name, but when I checked him up on IMDB, I recognized him as Belker's gay snitch Eddie from the early seasons of "Hill Street Blues". I remember they brought him back for an episode in the last season or so as his character returned to the Hill as he was dying of AIDS and Belker took care of him.
d***@gmail.com
2019-07-15 03:17:30 UTC

Belker took him ice cream earlier in the day. After work that night, Belker discovered he had passed. GREAT SHOW!
That Derek
2019-07-15 03:30:08 UTC
And when Belker entered in the evening, one of the coroner's officers asked Belker if Belker had been intimate with Eddie/Levin and before he could give an answer, the officer suggested that Belker get tested.
Bermuda999
2019-07-15 15:05:14 UTC
On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 10:20:40 PM UTC-4, That Derek wrote:

Wielded the circumcision knife as 'The Mohel" in Seinfeld episode "The Bris"