Nipsey Hussle, 33, rapper
2019-04-01 04:16:35 UTC
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/31/us/nipsey-hussle-los-angeles-shooting/index.html

Rapper Nipsey Hussle dead after a shooting near Los Angeles clothing store he was associated with
By Christina Maxouris, Hollie Silverman and Sara Sidner, CNN

Updated 12:11 AM ET, Mon April 1, 2019

(CNN)Rapper Nipsey Hussle died Sunday after a shooting in Los Angeles near a clothing store he was associated with, according to a high-ranking law enforcement official with the Los Angeles Police Department.

Two other people were injured in the shooting around 3:20 p.m., according to the department.
The shooting occurred in the area of Slauson Avenue and Crenshaw Boulevard.

All three victims were transported to a hospital, where one of them was pronounced dead, according to police. The other two were in stable condition, police added.

In a tweet, the department said it has no information about the suspect.
The rapper's last message on Twitter read: "Having strong enemies is a blessing."

In 2010, Hussle, 33, whose birth name was Ermias Davidson Asghedom according to IMDb.com, founded the record label All Money In, which he debuted with the release of "The Marathon," the rapper's fifth official mixtape. His 2013 "Crenshaw" release sold more than a thousand cassettes each priced at $100, according to his Press Atlantic Records biography.

The next year, he performed across the country in his Crenshaw Tour.
Hussle teamed up with dozens of successful artists, including Kendrick Lamar, Drake, YG, Ty Dolla Sign, Meek Mill and Young Thug.

He made moves outside the music industry, too. Last year he launched the first Marathon Clothing smart store at 3420 W. Slauson Ave. in Los Angeles. He also owns The Marathon Agency, SC Commercial Ventures, Proud 2 Pay and All Money In No Money Out Records, according to Press Atlantic Records.

His Facebook says Hussle was "a devout member of the Rolling Sixty Crips," a national street gang that was founded in Los Angeles in the mid-1970s.
His page lists Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg and Tupac as some of his influences.
Hussle was nominated for best rap album at this year's Grammys, but lost to Cardi B.

Mark Ridley-Thomas, a member of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors who represents the southern part of the city, released a statement Sunday night saying his district mourned the loss of Hussle.

"Ermias Asghedom, known to us as the hip-hop artist Nipsey Hussle, was a father, businessman, entertainer, and inspiration to many," Ridley-Thomas said, urging his district to stay calm and reflect on the tragedy. "Our communities have lost too many young men and bright futures to the scourge of gun violence. For healing to occur, even from this terrible incident, justice must be sought through legal means, and community peace must be found."

Stars pay tribute
After news of his death, dozens of celebrities expressed their shock and condolences on social media.

"My spirit is shaken by this," Rihanna wrote on Twitter. "Dear God may His spirit Rest In Peace and May You grant divine comfort to all his loved ones! I'm so sorry this happened to you."

"Sad, mad and disappointed about my guy," rapper Ice Cube tweeted.

Pharrell Williams wrote Hussle was about "something.. positive and for your community in every chance you had to speak.. and because of that You inspire millions.. millions who will uphold your legacy forever."

Other artists, including Chance the Rapper, Meek Mill and Drake, also took to social media to say their final goodbyes, along with athletes Stephen Curry, LeBron James and Colin Kaepernick.
That Derek
2019-04-01 05:33:39 UTC
Guess there was no "Rhyme or Reason."
Michael OConnor
2019-04-01 06:08:44 UTC
Guess there was no "Rhyme or Reason."
They shot me in the head,
because of that, I'm dead.
W.C. Green
2019-04-01 12:12:08 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
Post by That Derek
Guess there was no "Rhyme or Reason."
They shot me in the head,
because of that, I'm dead.
<sarcasm>

Odd how previous generations of singer/songwriters tended to live to
ripe old ages.

</sarcasm>
Wendy Chatley Green
A Friend
2019-04-01 14:50:47 UTC
Post by W.C. Green
Post by Michael OConnor
Post by That Derek
Guess there was no "Rhyme or Reason."
They shot me in the head,
because of that, I'm dead.
<sarcasm>
Odd how previous generations of singer/songwriters tended to live to
ripe old ages.
</sarcasm>
So did Nipsey Russell.

BTW I think the rap lyrics above lacked a little something, like two
f-bombs in the right places. They would have helped the metre.

They shot me in the f*in' head
Because of that, I'm f*in' dead.

Too bad I'm too old and too white for this stuff. I'd be a f*in' hit,
dawg.
Bryan Styble
2019-04-01 19:22:44 UTC
Some us still haven't adjusted to the post-Nipsey Russell era, and now we must mourn Nipsey Hussle too?!?

And if Hussle really wanted to make the point with his stage name that he was clearly trying to aurally express, why didn't he spell it Hustle, as in Charlie? Oh, 'cause rapsters can't spell. (Or sing, usually.)

This latest lethal lunacy of course brings to mind what is arguably one of Bill Maher's two most clever jokes: "Regarding rap stars' gunplay--it's really refreshing to see some celebrities who actually USE the products they endorse."

Oh, and here's my fave Nipsey not Hussle poem, delivered to Gene Rayburn and the Match Game cadre circa 1974: Never buy a waterbed for your newborn son/Else the situation may turn grim/For you'll never know if he's wettin' the bed/Or the bed is wettin' HIM!"

2019-04-01 20:28:03 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
Some us still haven't adjusted to the post-Nipsey Russell era, and now we
must mourn Nipsey Hussle too?!?
And if Hussle really wanted to make the point with his stage name that he was
clearly trying to aurally express, why didn't he spell it Hustle, as in
Charlie? Oh, 'cause rapsters can't spell. (Or sing, usually.)
This latest lethal lunacy of course brings to mind what is arguably one of
Bill Maher's two most clever jokes: "Regarding rap stars' gunplay--it's
really refreshing to see some celebrities who actually USE the products they
endorse."
Oh, and here's my fave Nipsey not Hussle poem, delivered to Gene Rayburn and
the Match Game cadre circa 1974: Never buy a waterbed for your newborn
son/Else the situation may turn grim/For you'll never know if he's wettin'
the bed/Or the bed is wettin' HIM!"
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
Saw a rerun of MATCH GAME not so long ago. One of the contestants was
black and gave a rather bad answer to the fill-in-the-blank question.
Nipsey Russell seemed a little pissed about it and said something about
how the bad answer proved that "we weren't ready," a phrase I hadn't
heard since the '60s. In fact, he said it twice. It clearly wasn't a
joke, and it wasn't meant to be funny. Usually the other panelists are
so drunk that they'll laugh at anything that anybody says. This time,
though, they all just sat there, not making a sound.
Michael OConnor
2019-04-01 20:48:36 UTC
Post by A Friend
Saw a rerun of MATCH GAME not so long ago. One of the contestants was
black and gave a rather bad answer to the fill-in-the-blank question.
Nipsey Russell seemed a little pissed about it and said something about
how the bad answer proved that "we weren't ready," a phrase I hadn't
heard since the '60s. In fact, he said it twice. It clearly wasn't a
joke, and it wasn't meant to be funny. Usually the other panelists are
so drunk that they'll laugh at anything that anybody says. This time,
though, they all just sat there, not making a sound.
I used to love the good old days of television, when celebrities could drink on daytime television and nobody really cared. I remember Paul Lynde's drinking during the Hollywood Squares got so bad that they canned him, and because he was the star of the show, the ratings quickly tanked without him and it was cancelled not long after.

And to the previous question as to why I didn't put any profanity in my poem, it's because this punk was appropriating the name of one of the great comic TV actors of my youth. I doubt Nipsey or his heirs would have approved of this turd riding on Nipsey's name like this. Nipsey never worked blue in his poems, he could be entertaining without having to resort to using the F bomb. I never saw Nipsey's Vegas act, which I would have loved to have seen, where I'm sure he worked blue, and I'm sure he probably had a bunch of naughty poems that he used in his live act, and I know I would have laughed my ass off.

Still the funniest Match Game moment ever IMO:

d***@gmail.com
2019-04-02 23:19:34 UTC
Brutal kill

If you get the opportunity, be sure to watch the video clip of the murder. The attacking guy Eric holder went back twice after initial shots landing even more hits.

No jury will care what Holder claims. BRUTAL