Kim Tyler, (male), 66, 1960s child TV actor (Please Don't Eat the Daisies)
2021-03-24 12:38:41 UTC
[CONTRIBU-TRIVIA:: IIRC, "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" was the earliest debuting TV programme in which all the regular cast members were atill off-topic. Not anymore.]

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kim-tyler-child-actor-on-please-dont-eat-the-daisies-dies-at-66

Kim Tyler, Child Actor on 'Please Don't Eat the Daisies,' Dies at 66

1:02 PM PDT 3/23/2021
by Mike Barne

He played the oldest of the four Nash kids on the 1960s' NBC comedy that starred Pat Crowley.

Kim Tyler, who portrayed the oldest of the four rowdy sons in the Nash family at the center of the 1965-67 NBC comedy Please Don't Eat the Daisies, has died. He was 66.

Tyler died Feb. 10 at his home in Hollywood Heights after a long battle with cancer, his family announced.

Please Don't Eat the Daisies, based on Jean Kerr's best-selling 1957 book and coming on the heels of a 1960 MGM film that starred Doris Day and David Niven, featured Patricia Crowley as a freelance newspaper columnist and Mark Miller as her husband, a college professor.

They are parents to Kyle (Tyler), Joel (Brian Nash) and twins Trevor (Jeff Fithian) and Tracy (Joe Fithian), raising the boys and an Old English Sheepdog named Ladadog in an old house in upstate New York.

Tyler was 11 when the series went on the air, and he worked on all 58 episodes of the show during its two seasons.

Born in Hollywood on April 17, 1954, Kim James Tyler made his onscreen debut in 1956 on an installment of The 20th Century-Fox Hour, and he went on to appear on episodes of Hazel, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, The Andy Griffith Show, The Addams Family, My Three Sons and My Favorite Martian.

Please Don't Eat the Daisies marked his last acting credit. His family said he was a talented musician, proficient poker player and amateur videographer.

Survivors include his wife of 42 years, Michelle.
That Derek
2021-03-24 15:30:02 UTC
We have a new "winner" in the category of "earliest debuting TV show-with more than one cast member who are all off-topic."

THE SMOTHERS BROTHERS SHOW (sitcom) aka MY BROTHER, THE ANGEL

Tom and Dick Smothers were the only regular cast members. This B&W sitcom aired for 32 episodes during the 1965-1966 TV season starting on 09/17/1965.

Runner-Up:

MAYA (debut: 09/17/1967):
Jay North and Sajid Kjan are still with us.
Diner
2021-03-24 17:44:01 UTC
We have a new "winner" in the category of "earliest debuting TV show-with more than one cast member who are all off-topic."
THE SMOTHERS BROTHERS SHOW (sitcom) aka MY BROTHER, THE ANGEL
Tom and Dick Smothers were the only regular cast members. This B&W sitcom aired for 32 episodes during the 1965-1966 TV season starting on 09/17/1965.
Jay North and Sajid Kjan are still with us.
Thanks for the update, Derek.
This sort of factoid is fascinating to me.

(Slight correction: it's Sajid Khan not Kjan.)
Enrjyzr B
2021-03-24 19:20:25 UTC
Post by Diner
We have a new "winner" in the category of "earliest debuting TV show-with more than one cast member who are all off-topic."
THE SMOTHERS BROTHERS SHOW (sitcom) aka MY BROTHER, THE ANGEL
Tom and Dick Smothers were the only regular cast members. This B&W sitcom aired for 32 episodes during the 1965-1966 TV season starting on 09/17/1965.
Jay North and Sajid Kjan are still with us.
Thanks for the update, Derek.
This sort of factoid is fascinating to me.
(Slight correction: it's Sajid Khan not Kjan.)
The Donna Reed Show 1958-1966
Paul Petersen and his sister Patty Petersen Mirkovich are still alive.
Diner
2021-03-24 20:53:31 UTC
Post by Enrjyzr B
The Donna Reed Show 1958-1966
Paul Petersen and his sister Patty Petersen Mirkovich are still alive.
But we're looking for the earliest debuting TV program in which ALL the regular cast members are still off-topic.
The Donna Reed Show doesn't count since both Donna Reed and Carl Betz have died.
That Derek
2021-03-25 00:39:24 UTC

Thank you for straightening out this post-er. I guess using his/her logic, "I Love Lucy" would qualify consering that Bart Braverman (under a different name) portrayed a young Italian boy (":Itsa her birthday, too!")/
Dug
2021-03-25 03:01:57 UTC
When I watched the show I thought that Shirley Mitchell (the neighbor and Pat Crowley's co-hort) was a regular. But I remembered incorrectly, she wasn't in all the episodes and wasn't in the opening credits. But she was in quite a few episodes and was a good character in an otherwise ho-hum show. Also I knew Pat Crowley was still with us but am surprised that the husband is also. I have never seen that show rerun.
A Friend
2021-03-25 09:49:24 UTC
Post by Dug
When I watched the show I thought that Shirley Mitchell (the neighbor and Pat
Crowley's co-hort) was a regular. But I remembered incorrectly, she wasn't
in all the episodes and wasn't in the opening credits. But she was in quite a
few episodes and was a good character in an otherwise ho-hum show. Also I
knew Pat Crowley was still with us but am surprised that the husband is also.
I have never seen that show rerun.
It was in reruns right after it finished its first run, but rarely or
never since. It just wasn't that memorable.
Diner
I didn't see the first run - it premiered around the time I was born - but I do remember seeing reruns in the late '70s. The "Man From UNCLE" crossover episode is the one I remember best. But overall a rather ordinary show - not terrible, but not special.
A Friend
2021-03-25 21:08:59 UTC
Post by Diner
Post by A Friend
Post by Dug
When I watched the show I thought that Shirley Mitchell (the
neighbor and Pat Crowley's co-hort) was a regular. But I
remembered incorrectly, she wasn't in all the episodes and wasn't
in the opening credits. But she was in quite a few episodes and
was a good character in an otherwise ho-hum show. Also I knew Pat
Crowley was still with us but am surprised that the husband is
also.
I have never seen that show rerun.
It was in reruns right after it finished its first run, but rarely or
never since. It just wasn't that memorable.
I didn't see the first run - it premiered around the time I was born
- but I do remember seeing reruns in the late '70s. The "Man From
UNCLE" crossover episode is the one I remember best. But overall a
rather ordinary show - not terrible, but not special.
"Rather ordinary." I think that nailed it.