[base ball] Tom Seaver, 75 (fwd)
Add Reply
danny burstein
2020-09-03 00:28:12 UTC
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-tom-seaver-obituary-20200903-fyusabaogjepzf6uixn6476k5u-story.html

***@panix.com
m***@gmail.com
2020-09-03 01:32:52 UTC
Post by danny burstein
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-tom-seaver-obituary-20200903-fyusabaogjepzf6uixn6476k5u-story.html
Tom Seaver was one of the greatest pitchers of all time. Watching him pitch a game was like watching an artist paint. He was in the vanguard of a new kind of pitcher in the late 60s...a new generation. And he was terrific...in fact his nickname was "Tom Terrific". My father took me to Shea Stadium for my 19th birthday in 1969 (the year that the Mets rocked and shocked the baseball world by winning the World Series). On the mound that day in August 1969 was Tom Seaver. And he didn't disappoint, striking out many opponents. My heart is heavy. Someone like Seaver comes along once in a lifetime.