Steven Milligram dead at 66
2020-05-19 20:43:49 UTC
Yesterday,when the issue of his replacement came up in a discussion
of judicial elections,I learned that NYS Supreme Court Justice
Steven Milligram had died...looking it up online,I found that he
had died of COVID-19 on April 28th at age 66.

I had only met him on one occasion,last year's Judicial Nominating
Convention where he was chosen to run for Supreme Court,and since he
was an Orange County resident I said to him that he would surely know
my father's brother's wife's brother who was also a town justice in
that county though in a different town...he confirmed that they knew
each other quite well.I took and posted two of his campaign signs.

I am sure that with the name Milligram he must have heard every joke
there is about being a lightweight.

Looking up his death I find that Stephen Reineke,the longtime
law partner of my aforementioned quasi-in-law-at-law,died six
days earlier,also of COVID-19,at age 71.

t***@iwvisp.com
2020-05-19 21:50:20 UTC
Wouldn’t your “father's brother's wife's brother” Be your Aunt’s brother? Or at least your Uncle’s BIL?
Louis Epstein
2020-05-20 03:10:06 UTC
Wouldn?t your ?father's brother's wife's brother? Be your Aunt?s brother? Or at
least your Uncle?s BIL?
Yes,but I was breaking down the components.

2020-05-20 15:20:32 UTC
On Wed, 20 May 2020 03:10:06 +0000 (UTC), Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Wouldn?t your ?father's brother's wife's brother? Be your Aunt?s brother? Or at
least your Uncle?s BIL?
Yes,but I was breaking down the components.
I've believed for a long time there should be a simple, concise way to
refer to aunts and uncles who siblings of your parents versus those
who are married to those siblings. "Blood uncle" sounds gross, and
what's the other one called - the one married to your "blood aunt"?
"Uncle-in-law" sounds like your spouse's uncle, or the husband of your
spouse's aunt.