Harry Hains, 27, Oz-born Netflix actor; son of actress Jane Badler
2020-01-11 02:51:21 UTC
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/harry-hains-dead-oa-actor-dies-at-27-1268514

TV

Harry Hains, 'The OA' Actor, Dies at 27

The star appeared in the Netflix sci-fi series and in Ryan Murphy's 'American Horror Story.'

Harry Hains, an actor who appeared in FX's American Horror Story, Netflix's The OA and Amazon's Sneaky Pete, has died, his mother, actress Jane Badler, confirmed via Instagram on Friday. He was 27.

"On Jan. 7 my beautiful son died. He was 27 and had the world at his feet. But sadly he struggled with mental illness and addiction," Badler wrote in her caption, accompanied by multiple photos of Hains. "A brilliant spark shone bright too short a time ... I will miss you Harry every day of my life."

Hains' mother also included information regarding his memorial service, which she said is set to be held at Hollywood Forever Cemetery on Sunday.

Industry friends took to the comments section of the post to share their condolences with Badler. "I am so sorry for you loss Jane!!" X-Men actor Shawn Ashmore wrote, while former soap star Lois Robbins commented, "Love you Jane. My heart breaks for you and your family. RIP beautiful Harry."

The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to a manager for Hains for additional comment.

Hains, a native of Melbourne, Australia, also starred in the 2015 drama The Surface. According to IMDB, he has several projects in postproduction.

His mother is known for playing Shannon Reed on the Mission: Impossible TV reboot from 1989-90.

See Badler's post below.
RH Draney
2020-01-11 09:01:00 UTC
His mother is known for playing Shannon Reed on the Mission: Impossible TV reboot from 1989-90.
Not to me she isn't...she's known for playing the evil alien commander
"Diana" in the original version of "V"....r
A Friend
2020-01-11 11:03:39 UTC
Post by RH Draney
Post by That Derek
His mother is known for playing Shannon Reed on the Mission: Impossible TV
reboot from 1989-90.
Not to me she isn't...she's known for playing the evil alien commander
"Diana" in the original version of "V"....r
Of course she's better known for "V." The short-lived M:I series (it
wasn't a reboot, but a successor) was filmed in Australia and was
intended to fill programming gaps in case of a SAC? WGA? DGA? strike
that season. As I recall, Badler replaced an actress whose character
had been "disavowed," so Badler wasn't even in there for the whole run.

I am beginning to wonder about the Hollywood Reporter.
Louis Epstein
2020-01-11 14:56:44 UTC
Post by RH Draney
Post by That Derek
His mother is known for playing Shannon Reed on the Mission: Impossible TV reboot from 1989-90.
Not to me she isn't...she's known for playing the evil alien commander
"Diana" in the original version of "V"....r
Indeed...now was her son hatched from an egg and brought up eating mice?