Healthwatch: Microsoft Outlook?
Add Reply
Lenona
2020-12-27 15:13:28 UTC
I know at least one other person who's having trouble with it. I can sign in to my email account, but I can't see anything. Do you know anyone who's having the same problem, right now? Thank you so much.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-12-27 16:42:45 UTC
Doesn't Microsoft offer a procedure to follow when you cannot sign in?
Lenona
2020-12-27 17:08:37 UTC
On Sunday, December 27, 2020 at 11:42:47 AM UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Doesn't Microsoft offer a procedure to follow when you cannot sign in?
Well, for starters, I'm not sure how to avoid the near-identical scammers one hears about, so I don't want to go to the wrong site by accident. Also, for what it's worth, this -

https://downdetector.com/status/outlook/

- claims there are no problems, but the very recent comments imply otherwise - big-time.

I would happily get on the subway to go to the only library that's open tomorrow - and see if their computers work any better. Except that yesterday, when they were supposed to be open and I tried to call, NO ONE seemed to be working the desk phones (it's a huge library; what EXCUSE did they have for that) and the extension for the circulation desk even said it was out of service!
Lenona
2020-12-27 17:14:01 UTC
And, how can I be sure downdetector won't hack me if I start asking questions?
Lenona
Ok, I forgot that I can still click on my profile (when I sign in) and get a menu, including a troubleshooting list, so I assume THAT's secure. Looks complicated, though.
Topic Cop
2020-12-27 21:28:06 UTC
It's been total shit for the last few years now
Kenny McCormack
2020-12-27 21:41:10 UTC
Post by Topic Cop
Post by Lenona
I know at least one other person who's having trouble with it. I can
sign in to my email account, but I can't see anything. Do you know
anyone who's having the same problem, right now? Thank you so much.
It's been total shit for the last few years now
Where by "last few years", you mean "last 30 years".

(According to a quick google search, Outlook was first released in 1990)
http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/IceCream
A Friend
2020-12-27 22:38:13 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by Topic Cop
Post by Lenona
I know at least one other person who's having trouble with it. I can
sign in to my email account, but I can't see anything. Do you know
anyone who's having the same problem, right now? Thank you so much.
It's been total shit for the last few years now
Where by "last few years", you mean "last 30 years".
(According to a quick google search, Outlook was first released in 1990)
I'm on a Mac and used Outlook for some years because it was part of the
Office suite (of course) and it worked fine. Then they did something
to "improve" it so that the k-sized jpg files I'd been sending people
ballooned into M-sized png files. I switched to Apple Mail, which
works very well for me.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-12-27 23:15:23 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by Topic Cop
Post by Lenona
I know at least one other person who's having trouble with it. I can
sign in to my email account, but I can't see anything. Do you know
anyone who's having the same problem, right now? Thank you so much.
It's been total shit for the last few years now
Where by "last few years", you mean "last 30 years".
(According to a quick google search, Outlook was first released in 1990)
I'm on a Mac and used Outlook for some years because it was part of the
Office suite (of course) and it worked fine. Then they did something
to "improve" it so that the k-sized jpg files I'd been sending people
ballooned into M-sized png files. I switched to Apple Mail, which
works very well for me.
As I recall, Microsoft Outlook destroyed plain text email by introducing HTML.
The plain text part wasn't standards-compliant anyway.

But today's Microsoft Outlook is a Web interface to a client running on
a remote host, nothing to do with the original program.