RIP Ed Conrad, Archaeologist and Usenet Legend
Add Reply
Topic Cop
2019-08-20 02:07:00 UTC
He apparently passed away in the last few years.
Michael OConnor
2019-08-20 02:55:05 UTC
Post by Topic Cop
He apparently passed away in the last few years.
I remember his posts, he would make some sort of fake transcript about being a guest on Larry King Live, then it would list the biggest newspapers in the US and World, with circulation numbers.

He has not posted (or cross-posted) to alt.obituaries since 5/27/15.

Ed Conrad has his own page on the website "Encyclopedia of American Loons":

http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2015/10/1482-ed-conrad.html
Louis Epstein
2019-08-21 03:27:21 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
Post by Topic Cop
He apparently passed away in the last few years.
I remember his posts, he would make some sort of fake transcript about being a guest on Larry King Live, then it would list the biggest newspapers in the US and World, with circulation numbers.
He has not posted (or cross-posted) to alt.obituaries since 5/27/15.
http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2015/10/1482-ed-conrad.html
How about the "American War Library" guy and his sometime counteractor?

2019-08-21 04:35:36 UTC
I think he was also posting at alt.obits under the name Intrepid, among other names.
Dave Garrett
2019-08-21 04:06:22 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
Post by Topic Cop
He apparently passed away in the last few years.
I remember his posts, he would make some sort of fake transcript about being a guest on Larry King Live, then it would list the biggest newspapers in the US and World, with circulation numbers.
He has not posted (or cross-posted) to alt.obituaries since 5/27/15.
http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2015/10/1482-ed-conrad.html
I thought I remembered previously seeing a post here regarding his
death, but it may have been in another NG.

His website's offline now, too, so I guess anyone who really feels an
urge to read up on MAN AS OLD AS COAL! will have to head over to the
Wayback Machine.
Dave
Meteorite Debris
I remember him as a kook on the newsgroup alt.atheism.
Topic Cop
Eccentricity is a side effect of genius.
RH Draney
2019-08-23 18:54:06 UTC
Post by Topic Cop
Post by Meteorite Debris
I remember him as a kook on the newsgroup alt.atheism.
Eccentricity is a side effect of genius.
Can be...it's also a side effect of being a nutjob....r