John Clarke, 88, actor (Days/Lives, 39 years; TZone: 16mm Shrine; Mad Mad World, uncredited)
2019-10-22 14:28:28 UTC
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2019/10/22/days-our-lives-alum-john-clarke-dead-88-say-reports/4060852002/

'Days of Our Lives' alum John Clarke dies at 88 from 'complications of pneumonia': reports

Erin Jensen,
USA TODAY

Published 8:27 a.m. ET Oct. 22, 2019

Actor John Clarke, who embodied Mickey Horton on "Days of Our Lives" for decades has died, according to reports.

He died on Oct. 16 as a result of "complications of pneumonia," per Entertainment Weekly and Deadline. Clarke was 88-years-old.

Clarke spent nearly 40 years on "Days," but made his small screen debut on the TV show "Whirlybirds," in 1959, according to IMDb. He also acted on "The Twilight Zone," "The Loretta Young Show," "Gunsmoke," and "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman." He made his "Days" debut in 1965 and made his final appearance on the show in 2004.

Clarke, an Emmy nominee for best daytime actor, is a recipient of the Daytime Emmys Lifetime Achievement Award, EW and Deadline report.

His daughter, Melinda Clarke, 50, is an actress who portrayed Julie Cooper on "The O.C." She has also appeared in "Entourage," "Nikita" and "The Vampire Diaries."

USA TODAY has reached out to NBC and Melinda for comment.
Diner
2019-10-22 18:44:57 UTC
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2019/10/22/days-our-lives-alum-john-clarke-dead-88-say-reports/4060852002/
'Days of Our Lives' alum John Clarke dies at 88 from 'complications of pneumonia': reports
My first thought was that this was actor/director John Clark, the ex-husband of the late Lynn Redgrave. But he is still off-topic at age 86.