Pembroke, MA: Girl hit by drunk driver
2020-01-07 22:13:06 UTC
"Suspect in Alleged OUI Crash That Killed Teen Had Lengthy History of Driving Violations"

https://www.necn.com/news/local/suspect-in-alleged-dui-crash-that-killed-teen-due-in-court-for-dangerousness-hearing/2213670/

Excerpt:

...Goodsell was allegedly under the influence of drugs and alcohol when he decided to get behind the wheel of a company vehicle after attending a work holiday party. The company, Hi-Way Safety Systems, said in a statement that he "avoided" a demand from coworkers to give them keys to the vehicle the morning of the crash...

I saw something about that on the TV news too - they said they "tried" to take the keys away from him.

Honestly, how can they say that in public without shame? Especially when someone's been killed?

I mean, if it's too dangerous to fight with a particular person to take the keys away, What Is Stopping You from calling 911?

Disgusting.

Lenona.
MJ Emigh
2020-01-07 22:57:55 UTC
That's just too horrible, especially considering the company holding the party. Much worse than irony. The company, incidently, has now been barred from bidding on any MA state contracts.
David Carson
2020-01-08 00:34:26 UTC
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by l***@yahoo.com
The company, Hi-Way Safety Systems,
That's just too horrible, especially considering the company holding the party. Much worse than irony. The company, incidently, has now been barred from bidding on any MA state contracts.
I'd like to know whether that ban is legal.