Yahoo Groups
Topic Cop
2019-10-17 22:45:35 UTC
2019-10-18 00:50:32 UTC

https://onlinesmokedeals.com/product/packwoods-for-sale/
https://onlinesmokedeals.com/product/packwoods-pre-rolls/
https://onlinesmokedeals.com/product/packwoods-blunts/
https://onlinesmokedeals.com/product/packwoods-for-sale-online/
https://onlinesmokedeals.com/product/how-to-order-packwoods/
https://onlinesmokedeals.com/product/kief-pre-rolls/
David Carson
2019-10-18 05:05:20 UTC
On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:45:35 -0700 (PDT), Topic Cop
Post by Topic Cop
Shutting down betwee Oct 28 and Dec 14.
It isn't shutting down, but it is shutting many features down. The
prominent use of the phrase "user-created content" in the explanation and
the conversion of all public groups to private cause me to suspect that
FOSTA-SESTA is to blame.
Steve Hayes
2019-10-21 07:52:41 UTC
Post by Topic Cop
Shutting down betwee Oct 28 and Dec 14.
It isn't shutting down, but it is shutting many features down. The
prominent use of the phrase "user-created content" in the explanation and
the conversion of all public groups to private cause me to suspect that
FOSTA-SESTA is to blame.
In the absence of any coherent explanation from Yahoo!, their owners,
or the owners of their owners, I'm taking it that YahooGroups are
defunct, and the rest of Yashoo! is about to become so.
--
Steve Hayes
http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm
http://khanya.wordpress.com
David Carson
2019-10-21 12:56:04 UTC
Post by Topic Cop
Shutting down betwee Oct 28 and Dec 14.
It isn't shutting down, but it is shutting many features down. The
prominent use of the phrase "user-created content" in the explanation and
the conversion of all public groups to private cause me to suspect that
FOSTA-SESTA is to blame.
In the absence of any coherent explanation from Yahoo!, their owners,
or the owners of their owners, I'm taking it that YahooGroups are
defunct, and the rest of Yashoo! is about to become so.
Take it however you want, but I will point out that 1) Yahoo Groups has
not said it is shutting down, but is being reconfigured (you were looking
to them for an explanation, so don't dismiss the information that they are
giving), 2) the new configuration removes the owners of criminal liability
under FOSTA-SESTA, and 3) other web sites, such as Flickr, made similar
reconfigurations soon after FOSTA-SESTA was passed.
Steve Hayes
2019-10-21 16:36:00 UTC
Post by David Carson
Post by Topic Cop
[...]
I've never heard of POSTA-SESTA before.
http://khanya.wordpress.com
A Friend
I hadn't, either, but I Googled it. It was well worth the effort.
David LaRue
2019-10-22 00:33:53 UTC
Post by Steve Hayes
POSTA-SESTA
Another form of rules that instead of doing good, punish the users for
possible misuse of a platform. Same thing happened to News Servers and
USENET.
Terry del Fuego
2019-10-22 13:02:20 UTC
Fascist theocracies HATE an open Internet.
David Carson
2019-10-22 13:09:17 UTC
So do democracies.
Larc
2019-10-22 15:04:24 UTC
On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 08:09:17 -0500, David Carson <***@neosoft.com> wrote:

| On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 06:02:20 -0700, Terry del Fuego
| <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
|
| >Fascist theocracies HATE an open Internet.
|
| So do democracies.

Maybe so-called democracies, but not real ones.

Larc
David Carson
2019-10-22 16:46:10 UTC
Post by Larc
| On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 06:02:20 -0700, Terry del Fuego
|
| >Fascist theocracies HATE an open Internet.
|
| So do democracies.
Maybe so-called democracies, but not real ones.
Come on. If FOSTA-SESTA were put directly on the ballot as a referendum,
it would pass overwhelmingly, with some of its loudest proponents being
athiest, feminist, progressives.
Terry del Fuego
2019-10-23 22:52:49 UTC
Post by David Carson
Come on. If FOSTA-SESTA were put directly on the ballot as a referendum,
it would pass overwhelmingly, with some of its loudest proponents being
athiest, feminist, progressives.
And reproductive offenders, who have no concept of a world that
doesn't want to fall to its knees in front of their little "miracles".
David Carson
2019-10-24 13:54:38 UTC
Post by David Carson
Post by Larc
| On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 06:02:20 -0700, Terry del Fuego
|
| >Fascist theocracies HATE an open Internet.
|
| So do democracies.
Maybe so-called democracies, but not real ones.
Come on. If FOSTA-SESTA were put directly on the ballot as a referendum,
it would pass overwhelmingly, with some of its loudest proponents being
athiest, feminist, progressives.
This came out yesterday.
https://www.campaignforfreespeech.org/free-speech-under-dire-threat-polling-finds/
Majority of Americans Want to Scrap First Amendment, Polling Finds

51% of Americans think the First Amendment is outdated and should be
rewritten.

48% believe “hate speech” should be illegal

The raw poll results are here:
https://www.campaignforfreespeech.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Free-Speech-Survey-Standard-Banners.pdf

According to this, the biggest threats to our freedoms are millennials and
minorities - not exactly the first people who come to mind when one thinks
of religious conservatives, To paraphrase Barack Obama, the 80s called;
they want their boogeyman back.

Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
Terry del Fuego
2019-10-24 18:09:41 UTC
Post by David Carson
51% of Americans think the First Amendment is outdated and should be
rewritten.
This shocks me because I never knew that Americretins were
self-defeating, hypocritical trash.

In my defense, I also have yet to learn that water is wet.

--
You're writing is getting worse, and worse, and worse.
-- An Unemployed Eight-Year-Old Girl, 2013-02-24
Terry del Fuego
2019-10-24 18:46:55 UTC
On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 11:09:41 -0700, Terry del Fuego
Post by Terry del Fuego
This shocks me because I never knew that Americretins were
self-defeating, hypocritical trash.
In my defense, I also have yet to learn that water is wet.
Somewhat less facetiously, I have sincere questions about those who
gave either answer to the First Amendment poll:

1. How many who said it should *not* be changed believe that there are
already carve-outs for their pet peeves?

2. How many who said it *should* be changed did so because they're
convinced that the right to say it implies the obligation to be
listened to and/or published?

Steve Hayes
2019-10-22 16:11:51 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by Steve Hayes
I've never heard of POSTA-SESTA before.
I hadn't, either, but I Googled it. It was well worth the effort.
Well I haven't yet, but this seems to be useful:

https://alternativeto.net/software/yahoo-groups/
http://khanya.wordpress.com
Terry del Fuego
2019-10-19 18:29:01 UTC