George Holliday, 61, Rodney King,videographer (1991) -- COVID-19
2021-09-21 00:30:30 UTC
https://radaronline.com/p/george-holliday-filmed-rodney-king-beaten-lapd-dead-covid/
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-09-21 13:02:38 UTC
Glad you posted this, Derek

The thing that intrigued me most about this story as it was happening--during my last couple of months of my eleven years in Los Angeles--was how some Hollywood producer signed Holliday to a bio-pic deal.

Now I doubt this was ever intended as a big-budget production--probably just a TV movie-of-the-week or straight-to-video thing I suspect--and I don't think there was even ever any talk of who would be cast as Holliday.

The reason this stuck out in my always-fazed mind more than any of the ensuring Rodney* King hoopla and mayhem was that I remember thinking as soon as that silly sidebar story was reported, "So this is where the creative industry finds itself in 1991, where you gotta dig THAT far into the culture for storylines?!?"

Anyone know how far this purported production project got before some showbiz suit wisely aborted it?

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
* But always known to his buddies as Glen--but then his full name Rodney Glen King was read by a police information officer and thusly reported...and then like Oswald* before him, King found himself forever known to the public by a name no one used in private.
** Known to everyone merely as Lee through November 21, 1963***.
*** Which, as it happened, was the Thursday that The Birdman of Alcatraz expired in the Show-Me State of Missouri!