Dennis Cunningham, 85, theatre and movie critic for WCBS-TV
2020-07-13 17:18:40 UTC
CBS Sunday Morning, in its obituaries feature yesterday, showed a brief card announcing that Dennis Cunningham had died at the age of 85.

I was a fan of his work on WCAU-TV Philadelphia (then a CBS station) before he went to New York. I always liked his attitude and his passion for the artists he covered.

The news item below - aired ten days ago on his old New York station, WCBS-TV - is the only notice I have found online. The accompanying video includes just an announcement from the anchor - no photos or video clips of Cunningham.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07/03/former-cbs2-arts-editor-dennis-cunningham-passes-away/
Former CBS2 Arts Editor Dennis Cunningham Passes Away
July 3, 2020 at 1:48 pm

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – We have some sad news to pass along.

Dennis Cunningham, a longtime member of the CBS2 family, has passed away.

Dennis served as the arts and entertainment editor here at CBS2 from 1977 until he retired in 2001.

Dennis died after a long battle with COPD.

In a statement. his family said he dedicated his life to the theater and arts, and while a dark Broadway has darkened even more, the ghost lights shine brighter.

Our thoughts are with the Cunningham family.
d***@gmail.com
2020-07-13 18:25:10 UTC
Diner:

“The news item below -
aired ten days ago on
his old New York station,
WCBS-TV - is the only
notice I have found online.

The accompanying video
includes just an announcement
from the anchor - no photos or
video clips of Cunningham.”

I am not sure what you mean.

My father taught me that ....
At the end of life, you can
count your friends on one ☝️
finger.

Make of it what you will ...
Tim Dunleavy
2020-07-13 18:57:45 UTC
I mean what I said. Watch the video and you'll see.
That Derek
2020-07-13 19:25:01 UTC
That Dennis Cunningham could be really nasty as recounted by my pal Brian Gari, co-author of an ill-fated closed-within-one-week musical "Late Nite Comic" (circa 1987).

Brian wrote in his history of the show, "We Bombed in New London: The Inside Story of the Broadway Musical 'Late Nite Comic'" that Mr. Cunningham said in his televised review (WCBS-TV/CBS affiliate/ Channel 2) that " ... 'Late Nite Comic' is so bad that when I went outside for intermission, I stood under the marquee of another theater. ..."