Joe Wilson, ex-diplomat, Valerie Plame's ex-husband
Add Reply
J.D. Baldwin
2019-09-27 18:56:38 UTC
The man famous for one of the Nigerian yellowcake uranium stories that
led to the Iraq War in 2003 has died. Confirmed by multiple sources.
Slugger
2019-09-27 20:25:13 UTC
Post by J.D. Baldwin
The man famous for one of the Nigerian yellowcake uranium stories that
led to the Iraq War in 2003 has died. Confirmed by multiple sources.
He was famous for debunking the idiotic claims that Iraq was getting
yellowcake from Nigeria and tried to stop the Iraq War in 2003, so
thanks for fucking up that story. Confirmed by multiple sources.
David Carson
2019-09-27 20:34:17 UTC
Post by Slugger
Post by J.D. Baldwin
The man famous for one of the Nigerian yellowcake uranium stories that
led to the Iraq War in 2003 has died. Confirmed by multiple sources.
He was famous for debunking the idiotic claims that Iraq was getting
yellowcake from Nigeria and tried to stop the Iraq War in 2003, so
thanks for fucking up that story. Confirmed by multiple sources.
Niger and Nigerien
not
Nigeria and Nigerian
Slugger
Goddamit, I knew that. Thank you for the correction.
MJ Emigh
2019-09-27 22:04:04 UTC
Post by David Carson
Niger and Nigerien
not
Nigeria and Nigerian
Very common error. He is forgiven.
Louis Epstein
2019-09-29 16:51:31 UTC
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by David Carson
Niger and Nigerien
not
Nigeria and Nigerian
Very common error. He is forgiven.
I wonder if the UN representatives of Niger,Nigeria,Dominica,
the Dominican Republic,and the two Congos get together to
exchange misdelivered mail...

2019-09-29 21:27:18 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by David Carson
Niger and Nigerien
not
Nigeria and Nigerian
Very common error. He is forgiven.
I wonder if the UN representatives of Niger,Nigeria,Dominica,
the Dominican Republic,and the two Congos get together to
exchange misdelivered mail...
You mean like Rich Little and Little Richard?...Dan Quayle and Danny
Partridge?....r
Keith David and David Keith?
RH Draney
2019-09-29 22:50:28 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by David Carson
Niger and Nigerien
not
Nigeria and Nigerian
Very common error. He is forgiven.
I wonder if the UN representatives of Niger,Nigeria,Dominica,
the Dominican Republic,and the two Congos get together to
exchange misdelivered mail...
You mean like Rich Little and Little Richard?...Dan Quayle and Danny
Partridge?....r
Keith David and David Keith?
Sasha Cohen and Sasha Baron Cohen?...Jason Lee and Jennifer Jason
Leigh?...Jerry Lewis and Jerry Lee Lewis?...the Ray Charles who did
"What'd I Say?" and the one who did "Love Me With All Your Heart"?...

And the Jack Larson who played Jimmy Olsen vs the one who played bad
nightclub comic Kenny Dexter on "The Dick Van Dyke Show", still
off-topic here and working as Larss Jackson?...r
Louis Epstein
2019-09-30 03:48:28 UTC
Post by RH Draney
Post by A Friend
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by David Carson
Niger and Nigerien
not
Nigeria and Nigerian
Very common error. He is forgiven.
I wonder if the UN representatives of Niger,Nigeria,Dominica,
the Dominican Republic,and the two Congos get together to
exchange misdelivered mail...
You mean like Rich Little and Little Richard?...Dan Quayle and Danny
Partridge?....r
Keith David and David Keith?
Sasha Cohen and Sasha Baron Cohen?...Jason Lee and Jennifer Jason
Leigh?...Jerry Lewis and Jerry Lee Lewis?...the Ray Charles who did
"What'd I Say?" and the one who did "Love Me With All Your Heart"?...
And the Jack Larson who played Jimmy Olsen vs the one who played bad
nightclub comic Kenny Dexter on "The Dick Van Dyke Show", still
off-topic here and working as Larss Jackson?...r
I recall its previously being noted here that David Horowitz and
David Horowitz would have lunch every year.

I don't suppose anyone confuses the Republican politician Michael
Stephen Steele with the rock musician Michael Susanne Steele (born
Susan Mary Thomas).

2019-09-30 04:53:02 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by RH Draney
Post by A Friend
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by David Carson
[...]
I don't know about that...there was Senator Paul "I have an endless
supply of Orville Redenbacher bow ties" Simon and the singer-songwriter
of the same name....

I recall a bit of gasping in this very newsgroup (and elsewhere) on the
death of Kevin "Ares from the Hercules and Xena shows" Smith because
folks immediately thought of Silent Bob....r
Louis Epstein
2019-10-01 03:17:51 UTC
Post by RH Draney
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by RH Draney
Post by A Friend
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by David Carson
[...]
Back on topic,the late Joseph Chamberlain Wilson (1909-1971) turned his
family photographic business into Xerox and was not one of the set of Joseph
Charles Wilsons of whom the lately deceased was number IV
(Joseph C. Wilson IV had boy-and-girl twin sets with both his
first and third wives,the first wife being the mother of Joseph C. Wilson
V while Plame was the third wife,the intervening wife having no children
by him).

2019-09-29 22:38:30 UTC
-- Alexander Pope and Pope Alexander (several of them)
-- Gordon Scott (Tarzan actor) and Scott Gordon (second banana, The Uncle Floyd Show)
-- Arthur Lake and Lake Arthur (Texas?)
-- Franklin Roosevelt and Roosevelt Franklin (early Sesame STreet Muppet)