According to Worldometers...
Add Reply
Lenona
2020-09-28 02:58:15 UTC
...the coronavirus global death rate reached 1,000,000 some time today - maybe noon ET.

(For some reason, the mainstream media always seem to be one week behind or so.)

Lenona.
b***@shaw.ca
2020-09-28 05:38:06 UTC
Post by Lenona
...the coronavirus global death rate reached 1,000,000 some time today - maybe noon ET.
(For some reason, the mainstream media always seem to be one week behind or so.)
Actually, the mainstream media were all over that story on Friday, Sept. 25.

bill
Lenona
2020-09-29 00:06:28 UTC
Post by b***@shaw.ca
Post by Lenona
...the coronavirus global death rate reached 1,000,000 some time today - maybe noon ET.
(For some reason, the mainstream media always seem to be one week behind or so.)
Actually, the mainstream media were all over that story on Friday, Sept. 25.
bill
Actually, tonight, both PBS and CBS said that the global toll was "on the cusp." (I didn't catch the number given by PBS, but at CBS, they said 999,600.)

2020-09-28 11:48:25 UTC
Post by Lenona
...the coronavirus global death rate reached 1,000,000 some time today - maybe noon ET.
Don't you mean:

the coronavirus global death TOLL reached 1,000,000 some time today

The word "rate" means something different, and rates cannot be expressed
as a single number (e.g., 1,000,000).
--
A pervert, a racist, and a con man walk into a bar...

Bartender says, "What will you have, Donald!"
Lenona
2020-09-28 12:14:24 UTC
I thought they only said we were close to that number. At any rate, when it comes to deaths in the U.S., per se, the TV media are always several days behind Worldometers.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

And yes, I should have said toll.