F. Lee Bailey, 87
Add Reply
ansaman
2021-06-03 20:37:34 UTC
confirmed by Boston Globe.
--
The most polite way to imply that someone
may be lying according to Elizabeth II:
"recollections may vary" EPIC!
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-06-03 21:33:05 UTC
Anyone herein know if fellow O.J. Simpson dream-teamer Robert Shapiro ever elaborated on what he famously said--and then immediately repeated verbatim!--about Bailey after those semi-literate jurors returned their verdict allowing Orenthal James to beat the double-rap, i.e., "I will never speak to [F. Lee Bailey] again." And repeat. (Well, now Shapiro certainly won't be doing so again for sure, but does any alt.obiter know specifically what behind-the-scenes Bailey behavior brought Shapiro to the point of saying something THAT pointed? Twice?)

Oh, and dig this: In a short Newsweek piece (circa 1984) reviewing the late celebrity-attorney Bailey's new syndicated reality show--it really was sort of a quasi-game show--entitled "Lie Detector" [and whose title pretty much described its premise of Bailey putting semi-controversial guests "on the box" and questioning them], Newsweek's television critic* conjured a Franklin-alluding lead that was so clever that I can still quote it some 40 years later: "In an era when death can be deferred by modern medicine and taxes are often sheltered, about the only really unavoidable thing these days is F. Lee Bailey."

* The wonderful-talented wordsmith Harry Waters, perhaps?
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-06-03 21:48:53 UTC
Oh, and while we're on the subjects of (1) death and (2) Simpson's so-called dream team, here's something you may not have contemplated about attorneys Cochran's, Shapiro's and Bailey's co-counsel, the late Robert Kardashian, Esq.:

Ever consider that Robert Kardashian died (at age 59 on Tuesday, September 30, 2003) while under the quite-reasonable presumption that he, Robert, was probably about the most famous Kardashian there ever would be?

STYBLE/Florida
Louis Epstein
2021-06-06 23:15:00 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Ever consider that Robert Kardashian died (at age 59 on Tuesday, September 30, 2003) while under the quite-reasonable presumption that he, Robert, was probably about the most famous Kardashian there ever would be?
STYBLE/Florida
Indeed,he was the only one I thought of
when I started hearing about the others
(and had not been aware of what Bruce
Jenner was up to since the "up close and
personal" TV clips of him with his blonde
wife Christie).

Some families I just don't keep up with.

Bailey became famous getting Sam Sheppard cleared,
but his getting Ernest Medina cleared of My Lai guilt
based on later-admitted false testimony left no doubt
he was not a defender-of-the-innocent but a hired gun.

2021-06-07 10:06:17 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by ***@gmail.com
[...]
Saw him once entering a court building during his disbarment hearings.
A woman reporter was slightly in his way, mike out, trying to get a
quote. He pushed past her, hard. She staggered, and he suddenly had
this tight, mean little smile. Suddenly I realized, oh, there he is.
There's the real guy.