Sam Shepard, 73, Playwright, Director and Actor
2017-07-31 15:11:39 UTC
Here's one I never saw coming.
Holy crap.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Playwright-Director-and-Actor-Sam-Shepard-Passes-Away-at-73-20170731
c***@aol.com
2017-07-31 15:42:58 UTC
He had ALS. It was coming. Sad.
J.D. Baldwin
2017-07-31 16:37:58 UTC
Post by Diner
Holy crap.
I'll bet at least five deadpool-ers had him named.

Man, that dude wrote some boring, pointless plays. Not a bad actor,
though.
2017-07-31 17:23:40 UTC
He was Jessica Lange's partner for about 25 years.

Once again, we have another real-life person who outlived the actor who played him on screen, as Gen. Chuck Yeager (age 94) outlived Shephard, who played him in "The Right Stuff". That was a great film, which I always thought should have won Best Picture in 1983 over "Terms of Endearment".

I didn't know much about his plays, but I always liked him as an actor.
Michael OConnor
2017-07-31 17:27:22 UTC
Here is the scene from "The Right Stuff" with the real Chuck Yeager making a cameo, asking Harry Shearer what he wanted to drink, with Shephard (playing Yeager) watching on:

c***@aol.com
2017-07-31 18:00:08 UTC
He wrote some pretty frank lovely plays.
RH Draney
2017-07-31 23:33:03 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
He was Jessica Lange's partner for about 25 years.
Once again, we have another real-life person who outlived the actor who played him on screen, as Gen. Chuck Yeager (age 94) outlived Shephard, who played him in "The Right Stuff". That was a great film, which I always thought should have won Best Picture in 1983 over "Terms of Endearment".
I didn't know much about his plays, but I always liked him as an actor.
And here he is as a drummer:

....r
c***@aol.com
2017-08-01 00:22:20 UTC
And he most certainly never saw himself as an actor. He acted for the money. Writing was his thing.