OT: Stan "Excelsior!" Lee sued for sexual misconduct by masseuse
2018-04-24 06:11:02 UTC
http://www.gainesville.com/zz/news/20180423/stan-lee-sued-for-sexual-misconduct-by-massage-therapist?rssfeed=true

Stan Lee sued for sexual misconduct by massage therapist

By Kate Feldman, New York Daily News

Posted Apr 23, 2018 at 9:48 PM
Updated Apr 23, 2018 at 10:10 PM

Maria Carballo claims comic book legend assaulted her during the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo last year

A Chicago masseuse claims that comic book legend Stan Lee assaulted her in his hotel room during a massage.

Maria Carballo filed a lawsuit against Lee on Monday, claiming he assaulted her in his room at the Hyatt Regency during the weekend of April 21-23 last year, during the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo, which he attended.

She claims she worked with Lee twice that weekend; the first session, he “began to fondle himself while lying down,” she said in the filing acquired by the Daily News.

After he began to “moan and groan,” Carballo allegedly left early.

She claims Lee apologized for his behavior and she returned the next day “fearful of losing her job.”

Carballo claims in the court documents that she performed a Shiatsu massage, using her feet instead of her hands. Lee then allegedly “took her foot and moved it against his genitals.”

Her suit also cites similar allegations made in early January by a group of nurses who claimed he asked them for oral sex and wanted to be “pleasured,” according to a report by the Daily Mail.

His attorney “categorically” denied the accusations at the time.

“For a long time, I was afraid to ask anyone to help me hold Mr. Lee accountable for how he treated me. He is rich and famous. I am not,” Carballo said in a statement Monday.

“After seeing other women fight to be treated with dignity and respect, I decided, me too. I am still nervous and afraid, but not as much as I was before because I have other people helping me.”

Earlier this month, Lee, 95, denied that he was a victim of elder abuse, despite a report in the Hollywood Reporter, calling it “the most hateful, harmful material.”

Carballo is suing for assault, battery, violations of the Illinois Gender Violence Act, emotional distress and civil conspiracy.

“Women all over the country, especially women in the hotel and service industry, have experienced the pain and embarrassment of being treated like chattel. Whether the men are powerful and influential like Stan Lee, Donald Trump or Bill Cosby, or just everyday businessmen, women deserve to be treated with respect and dignity,” Carballo’s attorney, Alexandra Reed-Lopez, said in a statement.

“Maria knows that she is in for the fight of her life, and we intend to battle with her every step of the way.”

A representative for Lee did not immediately return a request for comment.
David Carson
2018-04-24 12:22:50 UTC
After he began to “moan and groan,” Carballo allegedly left early.
She claims Lee apologized for his behavior and she returned the next day “fearful of losing her job.”
Dude has *always* given me the creeps, but this sentence makes me doubt
the rest of her story. If her employer expected her to give massages to
horny men who misbehaved and who she didn't want to serve again, and would
fire her if she refused, then she either A) knew exactly what kind of job
she had, and shouldn't have wanted to keep it, or B) should be suing them.
c***@aol.com
2018-04-24 12:58:26 UTC
Comic books and Trekkies. They scream pervert.
Michael OConnor
2018-04-24 13:20:25 UTC
I don't believe this story, just because I can't imagine any massage therapist would go into a hotel room alone with a 95-year old man alone, regardless of how rich he is, for reasons that the old milkshake may simply die, and she might be charged with murder, or she might touch him in the wrong way and he might get severely injured and sue.
c***@aol.com
2018-04-24 13:32:08 UTC
You need to get out more. Happens all the time.
Travoltron
2018-04-24 15:30:32 UTC
Utter bullshit.

If you haven't been following, Stan Lee is dying and he is completely
surrounded by vultures and jackals picking his meat for every last bit
of money. Including his own daughter.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/stan-lee-needs-a-hero-elder-abuse-claims-a-battle-aging-marvel-creator-1101229
David Carson
Travoltron
2018-04-24 17:58:56 UTC
The "victim" came back for round two after getting "abused" the first time.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/23/stan-lee-sued-massage-therapist-alleged-sexual-misconduct/
David Carson
2018-04-24 18:50:58 UTC
On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:58:56 -0700, Travoltron
Post by Travoltron
The "victim" came back for round two after getting "abused" the first time.
http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/23/stan-lee-sued-massage-therapist-alleged-sexual-misconduct/
That was also in the OP, in the part I already quoted and commented
on.
Guilty Bastard
odd how they often come back before crying foul.
Anglo.Saxon