Stephanie Stephens, Convicted of killing her husband, a prominent heart surgeon
d***@comcast.net
2006-10-15 23:55:34 UTC
Woman who killed husband dies in prison hospital
Associated Press

HATTIESBURG, Miss. - A woman who was convicted in 2003 of killing her
husband, a prominent Hattiesburg heart surgeon, has died in a prison
hospital, officials said.

Stephanie Stephens had been imprisoned at the Central Mississippi
Correctional Facility in Rankin County since being convicted of murder
in the death of Dr. David Stephens.

Officials said she died of pneumonia on Saturday.

Stephens was convicted of the May 1, 2001, death of Stephens, 59.
Investigators said she put a lethal dose of anesthetic drugs into Dr.
Stephens' insulin pump. Dr. Stephens was a diabetic and had hepatitis.

Her 2003 trial was one of the most sensational ever in Forrest County.
It was widely covered by the media, including CBS News' "48 Hours"
program, which aired a lengthy segment on the murder and the trial. It
was the first major trial in Mississippi in which cameras were allowed
in the courtroom.

Because of the publicity surrounding the murder, a jury was selected in
DeSoto County and brought to Hattiesburg to hear the case.

Stephanie Stephens - then known as Stephanie Tate Kennedy - was a nurse
who had worked with David Stephens at Forrest General Hospital. They
began an affair, even though both were married.

After learning of the affair, his wife, Karen Stephens, shot herself
and later died.

David Stephens and Stephanie Stephens were married in 1996, a little
more than a year after Karen Stephens' death and shortly after she
divorced her husband.

Three weeks after Dr. Stephens' death, test results from blood taken
from his body were returned from the State Crime Lab that showed he had
a significant amount of Etomidate, an anesthetic, in his system.

Police began an investigation and his body was exhumed.

In July 2002, autopsy test results revealed the presence of Atracurium,
a drug used to paralyze muscles during surgery.

Stephanie Stephens was charged with her husband's murder on Sept. 12,
2002.

During her trial, prosecutors argued that Stephens killed her husband
for his money. Dr. Stephens' estate was estimated to be around $3
million.

But defense attorney Ray Price tried to convince the jury that Stephens
had killed himself. But after a week of testimony, the jury took a
little more than two hours to convict her.
e***@gmail.com
2015-04-29 23:21:00 UTC
She did not kill her husband. Jesus Christ, don't you see. Sometimes bad stuff happens to good people. He was in a wheel chair she didn't need to have sex with him. There is no stress that she had to take the chance and kill her fucking husband. Christ I hate the bullshit cops do. When I was being abused, the police came and told me i was not allowed to leave my matrimonial home with my children. So I had to stay, for a few years. Until i learned that CAS would help me move to a shelter. Not only did my ex come to the movie theater with me and my friend he sat right between us. Not only after I moved he came through a window in my home and I called police. By law they have to inform CAS whenever children are involved. Guess what, CAS told me if I couldn't keep my children safe from him that they would take them. So IIIIIIIII moved. I moved. How come I had to move. There is something wrong with the system. I worked 3 jobs and put myself through real estate. With 3 children, 1 with a major disability "Elhers Danlos". The man I worked for was infactuated with me and when I asked him to leave us alone and we just wanted to be friends and keep working for him he would never leave me alone. Threatening me with telephone messages I'm going to run you over and kill you. Hitting the back of my vehicle with his. I couldn't phone the police because of previous experience. They let CAS know and what does CAS do? If you can't keep your children safe we will take them. So I went to speak to him. Mono a Mono, I left my kids at the bottom of his driveway, he offered me a beer. We spoke, I asked him to please calm down and can't we just get along. Or I have to phone the police. He picked up his phone and called the police and said I was drinking and driving. The police came, charged me with a half a drink over. My Real Estate career is gone. Can't support my children. CAS got involved and sent my children to live with my abusive EX. Yes there was a file on him, but because it was so long ago the file was closed, and he took an anger management class. I understand CAS, because there was a crazy man trying to kill me, and they wanted to keep my kids safe. I get it. What I don't get is if the cops just arrested him, put him and jail. All of these things could have been avoided. My Son is so screwed up today, my daughter cuts herself, they live with my abusive ex. How come the kids get punished. We are not safe, not even from the police.
Sarah Ehrett
2015-04-30 00:37:03 UTC
On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 16:21:00 -0700 (PDT), ***@gmail.com wrote:

LOL JHC. This sounds like one of Tommy Joe's rambling missives.
Abigail Beecher
2015-04-30 01:12:20 UTC
She forgot the part where where she caught an STD from a toilet seat at
church.
j***@gmail.com
2016-01-02 11:57:48 UTC
Get a grip and stick to the subject. Its not about your hatred of police, its about this murderer. Yes, she killed him and got exactly what she deserved.
j***@sbcglobal.net
2017-05-26 19:56:08 UTC
EXACTLY RIGHT! ! ! !
n***@gmail.com
2017-07-10 11:13:22 UTC
Way to make this about yourself! Gawd
b***@gmail.com
2017-08-13 08:05:15 UTC
How? What!!! Lol, bitter much? What was there, like, 4 total lines about this murder?
j***@gmail.com
2017-08-13 08:16:54 UTC
Lol right?