Fats Domino, 89
2017-10-25 15:23:53 UTC
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/legendary-musician-fats-domino-died-89/story?id=50707748
Legendary 'Ain't That a Shame' singer Fats Domino has died at 89

Legendary musician Fats Domino has died, ABC News has confirmed with
the Jefferson Parish CoronerÂ’s office in Louisiana. He was 89.

The man born Antoine Domino, Jr. had been active in the music scene
since the late 1940's and produced hits like "Blueberry Hill" and
"Ain't That a Shame."

Domino was of French Creole descent and was born and raised in New
Orleans, where he became a legend.

Of his almost 50 albums that spanned five decades, Domino produced
more than 25 gold singles and sold more than 65 million records,
according to his official website. He also produced new music well
into the 2000's.

[continues at URL]
David Carson
2017-10-26 20:12:52 UTC
Post by David Carson
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/legendary-musician-fats-domino-died-89/story?id=50707748
Legendary 'Ain't That a Shame' singer Fats Domino has died at 89
When I made the above post, there were no posts about Fats Domino in this
newsgroup on reader.eternal-september.org. Apparently, eternal-september's
servers were up, but disconnected from the rest of Usenet, for over 24
hours. It may be time to ditch them altogether. I haven't had any problems
with news.aioe.org since I switched one of my computers over to it a few
months ago.

Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com