Tom Petty
Add Reply
Jake D Jude
2017-10-02 21:55:23 UTC
Reports, unconfirmed, that Petty died this afternoon. If true, very tragic. what made (hate to use past tense) him unique is that he was from the younger end of the generation giving us The Beatles and the 60s music revolution and he took the influences from that time (Dylan, Byrds, Beatles), used them, and made it into a music of his own. I remember the first time I heard "Refugee", it was during the Disco era, and the guitar and harmonies were so Sixties, so good...such a relief from the crap music of the late 70s. I have most of his albums
Nobody gives a fuck about what you think, twatlee.

Nobody gives a fuck about how many of his albums you have either, jerkoff.

And he's not dead, yet, assmunch.
Jake D Jude
2017-10-02 22:42:04 UTC
Post by Jake D Jude
Reports, unconfirmed, that Petty died this afternoon. If true, very tragic. what made (hate to use past tense) him unique is that he was from the younger end of the generation giving us The Beatles and the 60s music revolution and he took the influences from that time (Dylan, Byrds, Beatles), used them, and made it into a music of his own. I remember the first time I heard "Refugee", it was during the Disco era, and the guitar and harmonies were so Sixties, so good...such a relief from the crap music of the late 70s. I have most of his albums
Nobody gives a fuck about what you think
Yeah, we do.
So good of you to take your hands off Stephan Peckering's cock to type
your worthless reply, faggot.

Hope you washed your hands before you contaminated the keyboard.
Wir Munchen Liebschoen
2017-10-03 10:04:52 UTC
Reports, unconfirmed, that Petty died this afternoon. If true, very tragic.
what made (hate to use past tense) him unique is that he was from the
younger end of the generation giving us The Beatles and the 60s music
revolution and he took the influences from that time (Dylan, Byrds,
Beatles), used them, and made it into a music of his own. I remember the
first time I heard "Refugee", it was during the Disco era, and the guitar
and harmonies were so Sixties, so good...such a relief from the crap music
of the late 70s. I have most of his albums
t's been confirmed, what a shame.
Can't say I'm that crazy about anything he did after 1994's Wildflowers
but he made several fine albums in the 1980s/early '90s and of course
Damn the Torpedoes is one of the greatest rock albums of all time
("bedrock" as Rolling Stone once put it).
1. Damn the Torpedoes
2. Long After Dark
3. Wildflowers
4. Into the Great Wide Open
5. Hard Promises
6. Full Moon Fever
(Probably get some flack for rating FMF so low but the big hits, "Free
Fallin'" and "I Won't Back Down," just wear on me, and the entire
"second side" is pretty weak -- I think I remember reading Petty saying
he didn't like the second side of that album himself.)
Of course there are some real gems on all the other albums, I should
download them and burn them to a single disc.
I see Paul and Ringo have already tweeted their condolences.
Thanks so much for posting your album rankings. It would have been
impossible to fully appreciate the work of Tom Petty without them.
Jake D Jude
2017-10-03 14:31:44 UTC
I just heard on the radio that Tom Petty is on life support after
suffering a heart attack last night.
How sad. sending prayers of healing.
Your prayers were not very effective were they?
Jake D Jude
2017-10-04 18:11:10 UTC
Post by Jake D Jude
I just heard on the radio that Tom Petty is on life support after
suffering a heart attack last night.
How sad. sending prayers of healing.
Your prayers were not very effective were they?
perhaps I helped him with the healing of his soul so he can let go of this life.......who are you to state wether my prayers were heard or not. Death is not the end.
Your "healing" prayers did not work. He was not healed. He croaked.

Death is the end of life. Your prayers ensured that.
Dresden Houndiearfums
2017-10-03 20:21:19 UTC
I remember when he and the band became popular in the late 1970s.
It was so refreshing to hear a guitar band singing harmonies
again. They reminded me of so many Sixties bands, especially the
Byrds and Beatles.
I was record shopping yesterday afternoon in Long Beach, California,
and they were playing Tom Petty's "Pack Up the Plantation" live album
on the sound system and I was really digging it. I have that album
(it's the only Petty album I own) and I've always like it but haven't
listened to it for a long time. Ironically, one of the things I was
looking for was a recent live album of Petty's called "Kiss My Amps" -
it was originally released on vinyl, but I was hoping it has had a CD
release (it hasn't). Anyway, at the checkout there was a little display
that said "RIP Tom Petty". I rolled my eyes thinking it was some bit of
snotty record store guy irony to indicate that the Petty wasn't hip
enough. I said to the clerk, "That's kind of a sick joke, don't you
think? Or is it??" and he say, "It's no joke, Tom Petty's dead." We
went on to have a short but nice and sincere talk about how we both
like the music and what a shock it was. At that point we discovered
that Petty was still clinging to life but was obviously not coming
back.
I was reminded that the first Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers album was
at the time one of my favorite driving-around-with-the-windows-down-
and-the-stereo-cranked-up tapes. I got so much pleasure out of that
album and I have such warm feelings associated with it. I've liked
pretty much all his radio hits. I never avoided buying his albums, it
just didn't seem all that necessary, he was so ubiquitous on the radio.
I recently saw a long documentary about him and the band that got me
started thinking about him again and looking to fill in that hole in my
record collection. But there seemed to be no urgency needed...
He seemed to be a nice guy and level headed, and not somebody who lived
carelessly. He seemed to be reasonably healthy. His passing was a great
shock to me.
Oh Nil it was an honest mistake on your part to berate the little store
clerk about the RIP TP sign. After all, the Petty family did not have
time to notify you before the Harrison's that he had died. And Tom
himself just wasn't able to pull himself away from Jesus to give you a
head's up before TMZ.
Jake D Jude
2017-10-04 10:24:05 UTC
Post by Jake D Jude
Reports, unconfirmed, that Petty died this afternoon. If true, very tragic. what made (hate to use past tense) him unique is that he was from the younger end of the generation giving us The Beatles and the 60s music revolution and he took the influences from that time (Dylan, Byrds, Beatles), used them, and made it into a music of his own. I remember the first time I heard "Refugee", it was during the Disco era, and the guitar and harmonies were so Sixties, so good...such a relief from the crap music of the late 70s. I have most of his albums
Nobody gives a fuck about what you think, twatlee.
Nobody gives a fuck about how many of his albums you have either, jerkoff.
And he's not dead, yet, assmunch.
Well, Petty, will be remembered for his contributions to music and making people happy.
What will you be remembered for...you're only a useless Usenet troll who leaves his stink with every post you make.
You nailed it, Marcus.
And Pickering nails you every night right in your starfish, faggot.
Jake D Jude
2017-10-04 19:06:36 UTC
Post by Jake D Jude
Post by Jake D Jude
[...]
Your homophobic aka closeted homoerotic fantasy is noted... you do know that your ilk is easily spotted, right?
Sounds like you're looking for a day, salami smuggler. That's why you
keep buttering up Stevie Peckering's bunghole all the time.

Jake D Jude
2017-10-04 10:34:08 UTC
On 03 Oct 2017, Marcus > wrote in
[...]
Thank you, Nil, for your memories on Tom. I know a lot of people didn't care for it, but I loved "The Last DJ" album. The music was great and the issue was one I identified with. Hearing it come from a well-known artist made it all the more valid.
Hope you got every last dingleberry that Nil had in his tuchus, Mucuass.