OT Pervwatch: Garrison Keillor fired from Minn. Public Radio over "inappropriate behavior" allegations
2017-11-29 18:11:48 UTC
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/11/29/garrison-keillor-fired-alleged-improper-behavior-minnesota-public-radio/905491001/

Garrison Keillor fired for alleged improper behavior by Minnesota Public Radio

Associated Press Published 12:31 p.m. ET Nov. 29, 2017 | Updated 12:34 p.m. ET Nov. 29, 2017

MINNEAPOLIS – Garrison Keillor, the former host of “A Prairie Home Companion,” says he’s been fired by Minnesota Public Radio over allegations of improper behavior.

Keillor told The Associated Press of his firing in an email. In a follow-up statement, he says he was fired over “a story that I think is more interesting and more complicated than the version MPR heard.”

He didn’t give details of the allegation. Minnesota Public Radio didn’t immediately respond to messages.

Keillor retired last year from his longtime radio show, but still produced The Writer’s Almanac for syndication.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/29/garrison-keillor-says-hes-been-fired-by-minnesota-public-radio-over-allegations-inappropriate-behavior.html

Media

23 mins ago

Garrison Keillor says he's been fired by Minnesota Public Radio over allegations of inappropriate behavior

By Katherine Lam | Fox News

Garrison Keillor, the former host of "A Prairie Home Companion," was fired on Wednesday by the Minnesota Public Radio after the network received an allegation of "inappropriate behavior" against the radio personality.

MPR said in a statement it was “terminating its contracts with Garrison Keillor and his private media companies after recently learning of allegations of his inappropriate behavior with an individual who worked with him.”

The company said it was notified of the allegations last month that occurred when Keillor was on “A Prairie Home Companion.”

“MPR retained an outside law firm to conduct an independent investigation of the allegations,” the company said, adding that they found “no similar allegations” involving Keillor and other staff members.

Keillor told The Associated Press in a statement on Wednesday he was fired over "a story that I think is more interesting and more complicated than the version MPR heard." He didn't give details of the allegation.

Keillor, 75, retired as host of his long-running public radio variety show in 2016. His hand-picked successor, mandolinist Chris Thile, is in his second season as "Prairie Home" host.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
c***@aol.com
2017-11-29 19:45:55 UTC
He always looked like a pedophile perv to me
t***@iwvisp.com
2017-11-30 22:38:27 UTC
Prairie Ho Companion!
Larc
2017-11-29 23:42:36 UTC
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 10:11:48 -0800 (PST), That Derek <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/11/29/garrison-keillor-fired-alleged-improper-behavior-minnesota-public-radio/905491001/
|
| Garrison Keillor fired for alleged improper behavior by Minnesota Public Radio

Keillor said all he did was put his hand on a woman's back. He didn't specify how
low on her back, how long he kept his hand there or what it was doing.

Larc
Adam H. Kerman
2017-11-30 16:21:27 UTC
Post by Larc
Post by That Derek
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/11/29/garrison-keillor-fired-alleged-improper-behavior-minnesota-public-radio/905491001/
Garrison Keillor fired for alleged improper behavior by Minnesota Public Radio
Keillor said all he did was put his hand on a woman's back. He didn't specify how
low on her back, how long he kept his hand there or what it was doing.
Don't lie about what Keillor said. Keillor said the woman recoiled,
which meant the hand was no longer making contact, so we're not even
talking about seconds. He said he'd apologized immediately.

There's no perversion here. There's no sexual harrassment here, just an
unintentional contact that wouldn't have been sexual even if it were
intentional. What is wrong with the two of you?
c***@aol.com
2017-11-30 17:29:26 UTC
You can’t be serious. He’s a perv, a sexual harassing scum bag.
Sarah Ehrett
2017-11-30 22:32:46 UTC
On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 16:21:27 +0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by Larc
Post by That Derek
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/11/29/garrison-keillor-fired-alleged-improper-behavior-minnesota-public-radio/905491001/
Garrison Keillor fired for alleged improper behavior by Minnesota Public Radio
Keillor said all he did was put his hand on a woman's back. He didn't specify how
low on her back, how long he kept his hand there or what it was doing.
Don't lie about what Keillor said. Keillor said the woman recoiled,
which meant the hand was no longer making contact,
Here's an experiment for you Adam. Go and put your hand on someone's
back and keep it there. For your protection pick a family member to
do the experiment with. Now, put your hand on that person's back and
leave it there and see if they can recoil away from you.
Adam H. Kerman
2017-12-04 04:27:50 UTC
Post by Sarah Ehrett
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Larc
Post by That Derek
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/11/29/garrison-keillor-fired-alleged-improper-behavior-minnesota-public-radio/905491001/
Garrison Keillor fired for alleged improper behavior by Minnesota Public Radio
Keillor said all he did was put his hand on a woman's back. He didn't specify how
low on her back, how long he kept his hand there or what it was doing.
Don't lie about what Keillor said. Keillor said the woman recoiled,
which meant the hand was no longer making contact,
Here's an experiment for you Adam. Go and put your hand on someone's
back and keep it there. For your protection pick a family member to
do the experiment with. Now, put your hand on that person's back and
leave it there and see if they can recoil away from you.
She was startled. She recoiled. The hand was barely on her back. Yeah,
if someone touched me and I wasn't expecting it, I'd be startled too.

I don't think it's possible to keep one's hand there. So where's the
perversion?

Of all the sexual harassment claims, this was the most absurd.
Larc
2017-12-04 05:11:51 UTC
On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 04:27:50 +0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman" <***@chinet.com> wrote:

| She was startled. She recoiled. The hand was barely on her back. Yeah,
| if someone touched me and I wasn't expecting it, I'd be startled too.
|
| I don't think it's possible to keep one's hand there. So where's the
| perversion?
|
| Of all the sexual harassment claims, this was the most absurd.

Anybody else wonder why most of the guys getting accused are older and look like
trolls? Why no complaints against nice-looking young guys?

Larc
David Carson
2017-12-04 05:51:18 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
I don't think it's possible to keep one's hand there.
It isn't possible to keep one's hand on someone's back ... why, because of
the force field?
Adam H. Kerman
2017-12-05 03:40:58 UTC
Post by David Carson
Post by Adam H. Kerman
I don't think it's possible to keep one's hand there.
It isn't possible to keep one's hand on someone's back ... why, because of
the force field?
Because she recoiled.

That Derek
2017-11-30 23:07:28 UTC