July 2015: Oldest living film people
l***@yahoo.com
2015-07-01 17:55:53 UTC
Most can be seen at generians.com.

ACTRESSES:
1911: Lupita Tovar, Renee Simonot,
1912: Mary Carlisle
1914: Gisele Casadesus, Gertrude Hadley Jeannette
1915: Danuta Szaflarska, Patricia Morison,
1916: Peg Lynch, Olivia de Havilland, Jean Rouverol,
1917: Shannon Bolin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Danielle Darrieux, June Foray, Marsha Hunt, Suzy Delair,
1918: Janet Waldo, Fay McKenzie, Marjorie Lord, Baby Peggy Montgomery,
1919: Sono Osato, Margot Hielscher, Marge Champion,
1920: Michele Morgan, Maggie Griffin, Setsuko Hara, Franca Valeri, Maureen O'Hara, Nanette Fabray, Noel Neill,
1921: Carol Channing, Barbara Hale, Patsy Garrett, Muriel Pavlow, Patricia Barry, Liz Smith,
1922: Betty White, Ellen Vogel, Dora Doll, Joan Copeland, Sheila Sim, Micheline Presle, Tônia Carrero, Jean Darling, Janis Paige, Louise Latham, Lee Wilde, Lyn Wilde, Coleen Gray, Madeleine Sherwood, Jacqueline White,
1923: Valentina Cortese, Anne Jeffreys, Gloria Henry, Elizabeth Sellars, Peggy Stewart, Madeleine LeBeau, Maria Pacôme, Rhonda Fleming, Rose Marie, Betsy Drake, Glynis Johns, Dina Merrill, Inge Keller
1924: Carole Cook, Machiko Kyo, Doris Day, Noreen Nash, Priscilla Pointer, Gisela May, Eva Marie Saint, Arlene Dahl, Maria Dolores Pradera, Joyce Randolph, Julie Wilson, Lily Weiding, Anita Linda, Maria Riva, Marge Redmond
1925: Katherine MacGregor, Joan Leslie, Dorothy Malone, Elena Verdugo, Kristine Miller, June Lockhart, Cara Williams

ACTORS:
1912: Lukas Ammann
1914: Irwin Corey, Norman Lloyd,
1915: Vladimir Zeldin, Wally Cassell,
1916: Kirk Douglas,
1917: George Gaynes, William Woodson, Earl Cameron,
1918: Radu Beligan
1919: Eddie Lawrence, Al Molinaro, Nehemiah Persoff, Alan Young,
1920: Jerry Maren, Jason Wingreen, Douglas Dick,
1921: Peter Sallis, Abe Vigoda, Josip Elic, Clifton James, Peter Hansen, Gerald O'Loughlin,
1922: William Phipps, Steven Hill, James Noble, Bill Macy, Gordie Tapp, William Schallert, Fyvush Finkel, Michel Galabru, Dilip Kumar,
1923: Larry Storch, Peter Vaughan, Roy Dotrice, Jimmy Lydon, John Stephenson, Gustavo Roja, Jack Collins, Nicholas Parsons, Richard Ventura, James Karen, Dewey Martin, Mike Nussbaum
1924: Geoffrey Bayldon, Woody Woodbury, Louis Zorich, Espen Skjonberg, Leslie Phillips, Theodore Bikel, Charles Aznavour, Tony Britton, Ezatollah Entezami, Robert Horton, Bill Dana, William Russell, Joseph Campanella
1925: Shelley Berman, Hal Holbrook, George Kennedy, Gabriele Ferzetti, Jan Merlin, Hugh O'Brian, George Cole, Alec McCowen, Richard Erdman, Bill Hayes, Charles Tyner

DIRECTORS:
1915: Leslie H. Martinson
1919: Lester James Peries
1920: Michael Anderson, Lewis Gilbert, James Sheldon,
1922: Carl Reiner, Tony Charmoli, Guy Hamilton, Bert Gordon, Jonas Mekas,
1923: Franco Zeffirelli, Gene Reynolds, Mrinal Sen, Seijun Suzuki, Alexandre Astruc, Arthur Hiller
1924: Matti Kassila, Armand Gatti, Stanley Donen, Robert M. Young
1925: Fernando Birri, Peter Brook

PRODUCERS:
1913: Elmo Williams
1918: Artur Brauner
1921: Walter Mirisch
1922: Norman Lear
1923: Earl Hamner, Michael Medwin, Euan Lloyd
1925: Grant Tinker, Alberto Grimaldi, Gene Gutowski, Martin Bregman

MISCELLANEOUS:
1910: Tyrus Wong
1912: Wolfgang Suschitzky
1913: Douglas Slocombe
1915: Van Alexander
1916: Harry Rabinowitz
1917: Harriet Frank, Jr.
1918: Blaine Gibson, Shinobu Hashimoto, Bob Schiller,
1919: Sid Ramin, Walter Bernstein,
1921: Bill Gold, Ken Adam,
1922: Haskell Wexler, Fred Koenekamp,
1923: Silvano Campeggi, Guiseppe Rotunno, Jimmy Perry, Józef Hen,
1924: John Gay, Gerda Klein, Gene Deitch, Lee Adams
1925: Gene Shalit, John Simon, Sonny Fox

Expanded list:

ACTRESSES:

1911: Lupita Tovar (Dracula (Spanish), mother of Susan Kohner), Renee Simonot (French actress/dubber for Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz)
1912: Mary Carlisle (Baby Face Morgan),
1914: Gisele Casadesus (My Afternoons with Margueritte), Gertrude Hadley Jeannette (Shaft)
1915: Danuta Szaflarska (Time to Die, 2007), Patricia Morison (Song of Bernadette),
1916: Peggy Lynch (TV's Ethel & Albert, 1953), Olivia de Havilland (Gone With the Wind), Jean Rouverol (Autumn Leaves)
1917: Shannon Bolin (Damn Yankees!), Zsa Zsa Gabor (Moulin Rouge), Danielle Darrieux (La Ronde), June Foray (Rocky & Bullwinkle), Marsha Hunt (Smash-Up), Suzy Delair (The Mad Adventures of 'Rabbi' Jacob)
1918: Janet Waldo (The Jetsons), Fay McKenzie (Down Mexico Way, 1941), Marjorie Lord (Make Room for Daddy), Baby Peggy Montgomery (Helen's Babies, 1924)
1919: Sono Osato (The Kissing Bandit, 1948), Margot Hielscher (Doktor Faustus, 1982), Marge Champion (dancer and model for Snow White)
1920: Michele Morgan (The Fallen Idol), Maggie Griffin (TV's My Life on the D-List), Setsuko Hara (Late Spring, 1949), Franca Valeri (The Widower, 1959), Maureen O'Hara (The Quiet Man), Nanette Fabray (The Band Wagon), and Noel Neill (TV's The Adventures of Superman).
1921: Carol Channing (Thoroughly Modern Millie), Barbara Hale (The Boy With Green Hair), Patsy Garrett (Benji series), Muriel Pavlow (Doctor in the House), Patricia Barry (Send Me No Flowers), Liz Smith (A Private Function)
1922: Betty White (TV's The Golden Girls), Ellen Vogel (Twin Sisters, 2002), Dora Doll (Touchez pas au Grisbi, 1954), Joan Copeland (TV's As the World Turns), Sheila Sim (A Canterbury Tale, 1944), Micheline Presle (Devil in the Flesh, 1940s), Tônia Carrero (Tico-Tico no Fubá, 1952), Jean Darling (Our Gang), Janis Paige (Silk Stockings), Louise Latham (Marnie), Lee Wilde (Look for the Silver Lining, 1949), Lyn Wilde (Look for the Silver Lining), Coleen Gray (Nightmare Alley), Madeleine Sherwood (TV's The Flying Nun), Jacqueline White (Crossfire, 1947),
1923: Valentina Cortese (Day for Night), Anne Jeffreys (Dillinger, 1945), Gloria Henry (TV's Dennis the Menace), Elizabeth Sellars (The Day They Robbed the Bank of England, 1960), Peggy Stewart (Oregon Trail, 1945), Madeleine LeBeau (Casablanca), Maria Pacôme (The Undergifted, 1980), Rhonda Fleming (Spellbound), Rose Marie (TV's The Dick Van Dyke Show), Betsy Drake (Every Girl Should Be Married), Glynis Johns (Miranda), Dina Merrill (Operation Petticoat), Inge Keller (Aimee & Jaguar)
1924: Carole Cook (The Incredible Mr. Limpet), Machiko Kyo (Rashomon), Doris Day (Pillow Talk), Noreen Nash (Giant), Priscilla Pointer (Carrie, 1976), Gisela May (Fleur LaFontaine, 1978), Eva Marie Saint (North by Northwest), Arlene Dahl (Reign of Terror), Maria Dolores Pradera (Vida en Sombras, 1948), Joyce Randolph (TV's The Honeymooners), Julie Wilson (This Could Be the Night, 1957), Lily Weiding (The Green Butchers), Anita Linda (Adultery, 1984), Maria Riva (The Scarlet Empress, 1934), Marge Redmond (The Trouble With Angels)
1925: Katherine MacGregor (TV's Little House on the Prairie), Joan Leslie (Sergeant York), Dorothy Malone (The Man of a Thousand Faces), Elena Verdugo (TV's Marcus Welby), Kristine Miller (I Walk Alone), June Lockhart (TV's Lost in Space), Cara Williams (The Defiant Ones, 1958)

ACTORS:
1912: Lukas Ammann (TV's Graf Yoster gibt sich die Ehre),
1914: Irwin Corey (Car Wash, 1976), Norman Lloyd (Saboteur),
1915: Vladimir Zeldin (Carnival in Moscow, 1956), Wally Cassell (Sands of Iwo Jima),
1916: Kirk Douglas (Spartacus),
1917: George Gaynes (Police Academy), William Woodson (voice actor - TV's The Odd Couple & Super Friends), Earl Cameron (The Interpreter),
1918: Radu Beligan (The Afternoon of a Torturer, 2001)
1919: Eddie Lawrence (The Night They Raided Minsky's), Al Molinaro (TV's Happy Days), Nehemiah Persoff (Some Like it Hot), & Alan Young (TV's Mister Ed)
1920: Jerry Maren (The Wizard of Oz), Jason Wingreen (TV's All in the Family), Douglas Dick (Rope, 1948),
1921: Peter Sallis (Wallace & Gromit), Abe Vigoda (TV's Fish), Josip Elic (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest), Clifton James (The Man with the Golden Gun) Peter Hansen (When Worlds Collide), Gerald O'Loughlin (TV's The Rookies),
1922: William Phipps (Disney's Cinderella), Steven Hill (TV's Law and Order), James Noble (TV's Benson), Bill Macy (TV's Maude), Gordie Tapp (TV's Hee Haw), William Schallert (Star Trek's The Trouble with Tribbles), Michel Galabru (The Judge and the Assassin), Fyvush Finkel (TV's Picket Fences), Dilip Kumar Madhumati, 1958)
1923: Larry Storch (TV's F-Troop), Peter Vaughan (Straw Dogs), Roy Dotrice (Amadeus), Jimmy Lydon (Life with Father, 1947), John Stephenson (TV's The Flintstones), Gustavo Roja (It Started With a Kiss), Jack Collins (The Towering Inferno), Nicholas Parsons (TV's The Wotwots), Richard Ventura (Being There), James Karen (Poltergeist), Dewey Martin (Big Sky), Mike Nussbaum (Men in Black)
1924: Geoffrey Bayldon (TV's Catweazle), Woody Woodbury (For Those Who Think Young), Louis Zorich (TV's Mad About You), Espen Skjonberg (O'Horten, 2007), Leslie Phillips (Carry On Nurse), Theodore Bikel (The Defiant Ones, 1958), Charles Aznavour (Shoot the Piano Player), Tony Britton (Sunday Bloody Sunday), Ezatollah Entezami (The Cow, 1969), Robert Horton (TV's Wagon Train), Bill Dana (The Bill Dana Show, 1962-1965), William Russell (TV's Dr. Who), Joseph Campanella (TV's The Bold and the Beautiful)
1925: Shelley Berman (The Best Man, 1964), Hal Holbrook (All the President's Men), George Kennedy (Cool Hand Luke), Gabriele Ferzetti (Once Upon a Time in the West), Jan Merlin (TV's Rough Riders), Hugh O'Brian (TV's Wyatt Earp), George Cole (The Belles of St. Trinians'), Alec McCowen (Personal Services), Richard Erdman (Stalag 17), Bill Hayes (TV's Days of Our Lives), Charles Tyner (Harold and Maude)

DIRECTORS:

1915: Leslie H. Martinson (Batman, the Movie - 1966)
1919: Lester James Peries (Rekava aka The Line of Destiny (1956)
1920: Michael Anderson (Logan's Run), Lewis Gilbert (The Spy Who Loved Me), James Sheldon (TV's Twilight Zone)
1922: Carl Reiner (Oh, God!), Tony Charmoli (TV's Lidsville, 1971), Guy Hamilton (Goldfinger), Bert Gordon (Village of the Giants), Jonas Mekas (Walden, 1969)
1923: Franco Zeffirelli (Romeo & Juliet, 1968), Gene Reynolds (TV's M*A*S*H), Mrinal Sen (The Case is Closed, 1982), Seijun Suzuki (Tokyo Drifter, 1966), Alexandre Astruc (Shadows of Adultery, 1961), Arthur Hiller (Love Story)
1924: Matti Kassila (The Harvest Month, 1956), Armand Gatti (Enclosure, 1961), Stanley Donen (Singin' in the Rain), Robert M. Young (Dominick & Eugene)
1925: Fernando Birri (A Very Old Man With Enormous Wings), Peter Brook (Marat/Sade, 1966)

PRODUCERS:

1913: Elmo Williams (Tora! Tora! Tora!),
1917: Stanley Rubin (Macao)
1918: Artur Brauner (Europa Europa)
1921: Walter Mirisch (West Side Story)
1922: Norman Lear (TV's All in the Family)
1923: Earl Hamner (TV's The Waltons), Michael Medwin (O Lucky Man!),
Euan Lloyd (The Wild Geese, 1978)

MISCELLANEOUS:

1910: Tyrus Wong (animator, Bambi)
1912: Wolfgang Suschitzky (cinematographer, Get Carter),
1913: Douglas Slocombe (cinematographer, Raiders of the Lost Ark),
1915: Van Alexander (composer, TV's I Dream of Jeannie),
1916: Harry Rabinowitz (composer, The Talented Mr. Ripley),
1917: Harriet Frank, Jr. (screenwriter, Hud),
1918: Blaine Gibson (Disney animator), Shinobu Hashimoto (screenwriter,
Rashomon), Bob Schiller (screenwriter, TV's I Love Lucy)
1919: Sid Ramin (orchestrator, West Side Story), Walter Bernstein
(screenwriter, Fail Safe).
1921: Bill Gold (poster designer, Casablanca), Ken Adam (production
designer, Dr. No),
1922: Haskell Wexler (cinematographer, American Graffitti), Fred Koenekamp
(cinematographer, Patton),
1923: Silvano Campeggi (poster artist, Gigi), Guiseppe Rotunno
(cinematographer, Fellini Satyricon), Jimmy Perry (screenwriter:
Dad's Army, 1971) Józef Hen (novelist/screenwriter: The Boxer, 1963),
1924: John Gay (screenwriter: Separate Tables), Gerda Klein (author: One
Survivor Remembers, 1996), Gene Deitch (Tom & Jerry animator), Lee Adams
(lyricist: Bye Bye Birdie)

Lenona.
l***@yahoo.com
2015-07-01 18:04:57 UTC
I got kicked off. Here are the completed lists in the last two categories:

PRODUCERS:

1913: Elmo Williams (Tora! Tora! Tora!),
1917: Stanley Rubin (Macao)
1918: Artur Brauner (Europa Europa)
1921: Walter Mirisch (West Side Story)
1922: Norman Lear (TV's All in the Family)
1923: Earl Hamner (TV's The Waltons), Michael Medwin (O Lucky Man!), Euan Lloyd (The Wild Geese, 1978)
1925: Grant Tinker (TV's Mary Tyler Moore Show), Alberto Grimaldi (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly), Gene Gutowski (Repulsion), Martin Bregman (Dog Day Afternoon)

[...]

1925: Gene Shalit (critic), John Simon (critic), Sonny Fox (TV's Wonderama host)

Lenona.
That Derek
Patsy Garrett from the Benji movies and the early 1970s "Purina Cat Chow, chow-chow-chow" TV ads died earlier this year on January 8, 2015.
Terry del Fuego
Barbara Hale.
Terry del Fuego
2015-07-01 23:13:17 UTC
On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 16:08:44 -0700, Stupid but Handsome
Post by Terry del Fuego
Barbara Hale.
Hmmm...now I see you had her under 1921, though IMDB and Wikipedia say
it should be 1922.
c***@aol.com
2015-07-02 00:43:05 UTC
Eddie Lawrence died March 25, 2014.
R H Draney
2015-07-02 07:17:17 UTC
Is that what's botherin' ya, buddy?...r
c***@aol.com
2015-07-03 22:20:32 UTC
in news:c75168d4-c108-4b50-ab0e-fa3b4c015910
Post by c***@aol.com
Eddie Lawrence died March 25, 2014.
Is that what's botherin' ya, buddy?...r
In the original post which concerns oldest living film people, it was stated that Eddie Lawrence was still alive. He was listed under 1919. Mr. Lawrence who was known as the "Old Philosopher" died in 2014. I was merely stating the existence of an error in the listing.

What does bother me is your snide comment, Mr. Draney. If you can't act like a human being then take your nonsense elsewhere.
Anglo Saxon
2015-07-04 03:10:22 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
What does bother me is your snide comment, Mr. Draney. If you can't act
like a human being then take your nonsense elsewhere.

That was an excellent joke! You don't have any idea who Lawrence is, do
you.
c***@gmail.com
2015-07-05 17:13:00 UTC
if only they could stay longer!!!!
That Derek
2015-07-03 23:25:43 UTC
In my own humble estimation. I really do not believe Mr. Draney intended any malice when he posited "Is that what's botherin' ya, buddy?..." He probably was quoting a recurring line from Eddie Lawrence's original "The Old Philosopher" routine and its various spin-offs, and which can be evidenced via this YouTube video:

BTW, the pet-name Eddie Lawrence used for this routine's listeners was "bunky," not "buddy."

As for R. H. Draney's postings here: I greatly admire his sense of humour. He out-distancesme when it comes to devising tacky dead celebrity jokes.
R H Draney
2015-07-04 00:53:40 UTC
http://youtu.be/Qty7IP8wlXM
BTW, the pet-name Eddie Lawrence used for this routine's listeners was
"bunky," not "buddy."
"Fella" in the first verse, "friend" in the second, "cousin" in the
third...in the companion piece "The New Philosopher" it's "pal", "bunky"
and "old-timer"...I'm sure "buddy" got used somewhere along the chain of
followups....
Post by That Derek
As for R. H. Draney's postings here: I greatly admire his sense of
humour. He out-distancesme when it comes to devising tacky dead
celebrity jokes.
And I think we can all agree that "catrr" has never actually heard any of
Lawrence's work....r
a***@sympatico.ca
2015-07-04 00:52:47 UTC
John Stephenson died May 15th, 2015.

Allen
a***@sympatico.ca
2015-07-04 00:57:45 UTC
Julie Wilson died April 5th, 2015. Not a name familiar to me, but Wikipedia knew who she was.

Allen
l***@yahoo.com
2015-07-06 15:08:47 UTC
Post by a***@sympatico.ca
Julie Wilson died April 5th, 2015. Not a name familiar to me, but Wikipedia knew who she was.
Thanks for all the updates, everyone. Had I simply skimmed the In Memoriam 2014 and 2015 pages at genarians.com, I would have found three of the four names (John Stephenson doesn't seem to be at the site at all, so I would have had to run the entire list through the IMDb to find him).

Lenona.