Eric Lewis Liebowitz, 35, one of the "Jesus Twins" (Howard Stern Show guests); shot by Encino police
Add Reply
ZapRatz
2008-08-11 20:34:40 UTC
http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?month=August&day=11&year=2008&x=&y=

ONE JESUS TWIN DOWN, ONE TO GO

Steve Langford reported that one of the Jesus Twins, Eric Leibowitz,
was shot and killed after a confrontation with the police. Steve said
Eric was bi-polar, off his medication and met cops at his door by
pointing a shotgun at them. Howard was sorry to hear the news and
asked if Eric had been previously hospitalized. Robin said Eric'd been
hospitalized “a couple” times in between appearances on the show.

- - -

The Jesus Twins - Feel My Ubiquity
This is the song that the Twins performed on howard stern ...
4 min 35 sec -
Rated 3.8 out of 5.0

YouTube - jesus twins 1

- - -

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/homicidereport/2008/08/encino-man-kill.html

Encino: man killed in an officer-involved shooting

Eric Lewis Liebowitz, 35, a white man, was shot and killed by Los
Angeles police officers in the 5800 block of Balcom Avenue in Encino
about 11 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5.

According to an LAPD press statement, officers with the LAPD's West
Valley Division responded to a call of shots fired in the 5800 block
of Jamieson Avenue. But they were later directed to Balcom Avenue, one
street over. Upon arrival, Officers Alexis Padron, Dave Soissons,
Brian McDonald and Jason Duplantis were setting up a perimeter when
Liebowitz emerged from a house with a shotgun, the statement said.
Liebowitz walked toward officers and allegedly pointed the weapon at
them. Officers fired, wounding Liebowitz. They ordered him to stay on
the ground, but Liebowitz got up and attempted to reach for the
shotgun, the statement said. The officers fired again, killing
Liebowitz.

A shotgun was recovered at the scene, and evidence suggests that
Liebowitz allegedly fired at the officers, the statement said.
However, the report did not say when Liebowitz actually fired his
weapon. Police spokeswoman Sgt. Ruby Malachi said very little was
known about the suspect.

All but one officer, Duplantis, have served with LAPD's West Valley
Division for more than ten years. The Los Angeles Police Department's
Force Investigation Division is looking into the shooting.

On the day of the shooting, residents living on Balcom Avenue
described their neighborhood as a typical one; peaceful and quiet.
"It's definitely not normal for this neighborhood," said Virginia, a
long-time resident who did not want to disclose her last name.

Ron Traylor, 62, who lives near the house where the shooting occurred,
said he was in his bedroom when he heard a single gunshot. "Then I
heard several gunshots," Traylor added.

Update: The Los Angeles County Coroner's office identified the man as
Eric Lewis Liebowitz, 35, a resident of Encino.

-Ruben Vives / LAT
--
Extirpirate - a portmanteau of extirpate and pirate
http://www.extirpirate.com/

As of the day this message is being posted there are,
lacking an unexpected alternate outcome, 161 days
remaining in the imperial presidency of George W. Bush
AndrewJ
2008-08-11 22:18:31 UTC
http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?month=August&day=11&year=2008&x...
ONE JESUS TWIN DOWN, ONE TO GO
Steve Langford reported that one of the Jesus Twins, Eric Leibowitz,
was shot and killed after a confrontation with the police. Steve said
Eric was bi-polar, off his medication and met cops at his door by
pointing a shotgun at them. Howard was sorry to hear the news and
asked if Eric had been previously hospitalized. Robin said Eric'd been
hospitalized “a couple” times in between appearances on the show.
-       -       -
The Jesus Twins - Feel My Ubiquity
This is the song that the Twins performed on howard stern ...
4 min 35 sec -
Rated 3.8 out of http://youtu.be/0vuUHeeDbQM
YouTube - jesus twins http://youtu.be/e60In537o9o
-       -       -
[...]
Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf, Kenneth Keith Kallenbach, Bigfoot, Cliff
Palate... the lifespan of Howard Stern Wack packers is distressingly
short.
j***@gmail.com
2008-08-13 04:39:03 UTC
Post by AndrewJ
[...]
wait a minute. Bigfoot is dead? did I miss something? I mean, don't
get me wrong, I'm sure he's due to check out in either some
spectacularly violent way like this incident, or will just disappear
and freeze to death in the woods of Vermont; I just thought we would
have heard something about this...

...it is.
4***@gmail.com
2008-08-13 12:41:43 UTC
Wrong Bigfoot, VT Bigfoot is Bigfoot 2, the 1st one was Matthew McGrory
Bob Feigel
2008-08-12 02:46:52 UTC
[Default] On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:34:40 -0500, ZapRatz
Post by ZapRatz
http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?month=August&day=11&year=2008&x=&y=
ONE JESUS TWIN DOWN, ONE TO GO
Steve Langford reported that one of the Jesus Twins, Eric Leibowitz,
was shot and killed after a confrontation with the police. Steve said
Eric was bi-polar, off his medication and met cops at his door by
pointing a shotgun at them. Howard was sorry to hear the news and
asked if Eric had been previously hospitalized. Robin said Eric'd been
hospitalized “a couple” times in between appearances on the show.
Edited video of Howard Stern appearance:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jesus-twins-part-2/3246725163
--
"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
diner59
2008-08-12 13:43:28 UTC
One down, one to go.
Normally, someone so young dying would be considered a
waste............
Bob Feigel
2008-08-12 21:36:31 UTC
[Default] On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 06:43:28 -0700 (PDT), diner59
Post by diner59
One down, one to go.
Normally, someone so young dying would be considered a
waste............
Normally, you'd also expect a story like this to be news. But the only
place I can find any mention whatsoever to the death is on the blog
site referenced in the OP. So I'm wondering if it isn't a fake report.

p***@gmail.com
2008-09-10 04:32:22 UTC
Post by Bob Feigel
[Default] On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:34:40 -0500, ZapRatz
http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?month=August&day=11&year=2008&x...
ONE JESUS TWIN DOWN, ONE TO GO
Steve Langford reported that one of the Jesus Twins, Eric Leibowitz,
was shot and killed after a confrontation with the police. Steve said
Eric was bi-polar, off his medication and met cops at his door by
pointing a shotgun at them. Howard was sorry to hear the news and
asked if Eric had been previously hospitalized. Robin said Eric'd been
hospitalized “a couple” times in between appearances on the show.
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jesus-twins-part-2/3246725163
--
"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen
Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
It is sad that even through a person’s death one will continue to
behave so inhumanly that criticism is the only offering they have...
What do those of you who have shared in such harsh words get from
berating those that are gone? Eric was a brother, a son, an uncle; and
loved by many. It’s quite disappointing to read that certain life
altering tragedies are the brunt of one's thoughtless jokes. In truth
may you step away from fear 'my friend' because fear is
separateness. Allow the light of God's unconditional love to shine
upon you - now - before the time of your own passing.
Bob Feigel
2008-09-10 05:07:39 UTC
Post by Bob Feigel
[Default] On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:34:40 -0500, ZapRatz
http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?month=August&day=11&year=2008&x...
ONE JESUS TWIN DOWN, ONE TO GO
Steve Langford reported that one of the Jesus Twins, Eric Leibowitz,
was shot and killed after a confrontation with the police. Steve said
Eric was bi-polar, off his medication and met cops at his door by
pointing a shotgun at them. Howard was sorry to hear the news and
asked if Eric had been previously hospitalized. Robin said Eric'd been
hospitalized “a couple” times in between appearances on the show.
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jesus-twins-part-2/3246725163
Perhaps you'd care to explain *exactly* where there were any
"thoughtless jokes" or "harsh words" or "berating" in the above quoted
post.
It is sad that even through a person’s death one will continue to
behave so inhumanly that criticism is the only offering they have...
What do those of you who have shared in such harsh words get from
berating those that are gone? Eric was a brother, a son, an uncle; and
loved by many. It’s quite disappointing to read that certain life
altering tragedies are the brunt of one's thoughtless jokes. In truth
may you step away from fear 'my friend' because fear is
separateness. Allow the light of God's unconditional love to shine
upon you - now - before the time of your own passing.
Frankly, I think you're full of shit. But please feel free to prove me
wrong.

s***@gmail.com
2008-09-17 20:24:46 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
[...]
it is sad that he is gone, as with anyone with a disease, but me
being friends with one of the officers, I am glad it is him and not my
friend. Suicide by cop? they do not need to put others in danger
because they want an end for themselves. I know some say suicide by
cop is a last chance that they are screaming for help.... but the
world needs to know that suicide by cop is the same as jumping off a
100 story building.... you will be dead... not get help. Suicides by
pills, and various other ways you still have a chance to live is the
last resort for help.... not dangering innocent people with a shot
gun.
c***@gmail.com
2014-05-16 13:53:24 UTC
One less cop never hurt anyone either. Just sayin
m***@gmail.com
2012-10-25 22:15:19 UTC
Im so glad the he was shot. I just hope his brother gets killed soon.
m***@gmail.com
2012-10-25 22:16:25 UTC
They are both scum bag faggots and id love to see both of them dead. Hell id love to kill the living one myself.
encinoman
2013-03-11 01:17:37 UTC
You are so full of hate and homophobia,
m***@gmail.com
2017-08-02 06:19:14 UTC
Post by ZapRatz
http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?month=August&day=11&year=2008&x=&y=
ONE JESUS TWIN DOWN, ONE TO GO
Steve Langford reported that one of the Jesus Twins, Eric Leibowitz,
was shot and killed after a confrontation with the police. Steve said
Eric was bi-polar, off his medication and met cops at his door by
pointing a shotgun at them. Howard was sorry to hear the news and
asked if Eric had been previously hospitalized. Robin said Eric'd been
hospitalized “a couple” times in between appearances on the show.
- - -
The Jesus Twins - Feel My Ubiquity
This is the song that the Twins performed on howard stern ...
4 min 35 sec -
Rated 3.8 out of 5.0
http://youtu.be/0vuUHeeDbQM
YouTube - jesus twins 1
[...]