Tom Gavin, devoted fan of Don and Mike radio show, 57
2017-01-30 11:37:16 UTC
Rest in Peace, Tommy.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/01/23/106-7-the-fan-remembers-the-late-tom-gavin/

106.7 The Fan Remembers The Late Tom Gavin
January 23, 2017 6:57 PM By Chris Lingebach

106.7 personalities past and present paid tribute Monday to a longtime friend and listener, the late Tom Gavin.

Gavin, along with being an intensely devoted radio listener, remained active in his community and had great compassion for his fellow neighbor. And, what listeners entertained by Gavin for years might not know: When he wasn’t calling into radio programs, he was calling the office lines, asking employees how their day was going; he arrived early to radio station events to offer assistance setting up.

He was a genuinely kind and caring human being.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?fhid=3059&n=thomas-gavin-tommy-joe&pid=183748573

THOMAS "Tommy Joe" GAVIN

THOMAS JOEL GAVIN (Age 57)
"Tommy Joe"

Passed January 22, 2017 at Virginia Hospital of natural causes. He is survived by his siblings, Michael Gavin, Theresa Brown and Elizabeth Gavin; a nephew, nieces and many cousins. Tom Gavin was a 39-year member of the Knights of Columbia EDW Council Arlington where he served as an inside steward. He was a member of St James. He was well known in the community for his enthusiasm of Radio where he was a staple guest on DC 101 and Sports Junkies. He loved DJ'ing, music, electronics and fishing. Tom was a member of the Arc of Northern VA and worked with many charity organizations March of Dimes, Muscular Dystrophy and American Lung. He will be dearly missed by all family and friends. Services will be held at St. James Catholic Church, Falls Church, VA on January 30, 2017 at 1 p.m. Burial to follow National Cemetery.

j***@gmail.com
2017-07-08 15:35:00 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
[...]
http://youtu.be/B3xfzlSVaGY
http://youtu.be/rH8Z_KHJevo
http://youtu.be/YJ8QLqBDZKw
Mike that was a great piece about Gavin. I wonder if he was ever nominated for a Jefferson Award? I have included some sites to hear more Tom Gavin videos.

Here are some videos from Ustream. Ustream is an IBM Company.

http://www.ustream.tv/search?q=tom+gavin

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/34167895

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/25699186

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14006673

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11464967

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11580785

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6859464

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7411793

www.paintyourbaldspot.com great videos from this site

Michael OConnor
2017-07-08 16:17:47 UTC
I always thought Tom's middle name really was Aloysius. None of the obits I found mentioned his public access radio show. The last time I heard Gavin was in 2004 when I was living in Cincinnati and was riding to work in a taxi and the driver had the Howard Stern show on the radio. It was shortly before Stern left terrestrial radio, and Tom Gavin called into the show. The call was dumped pretty quickly; I guess his producers knew he was a regular Don and Mike caller and radio shows usually stray away from these kinds of callers for fear the caller will try to prank the host or something. Tom was always entertaining.
j***@gmail.com
2017-07-09 01:32:47 UTC
Tom Gavin was suspended from Radio Fairfax about four years ago. It sounded like Tom's driver was not too nice him. The details to this day are still somewhat foggy. Tom, RIP my friend.

http://ustream.tv/recorded/34167895