Donald Bain, 82, ghostwriter
2017-10-26 22:04:15 UTC
Wrote the Margaret Truman mystery books.
Bryan Styble
2017-10-27 16:44:04 UTC
Wow; never read or heard that before!

I've often watched Truman on old "What's My Line?" panels, and thus always figured her novels--which i've not read, but have consumed numerous reviews thereof over the years--were well-crafted, given consistently perspicacious WML questioning, her highly-mannered style of speaking and of course her pedigree.

But I never imagined she might have stooped to using a ghostwriter--probably because it makes absolutely no sense that anyone who is the only child of a President, something of a celebrity in her own right (what with her infamous singing career and all) and married to the ever-urbane Clifton Daniel would need to pretend she also was a novelist!

2017-10-27 16:59:44 UTC
So many books are ghost written. Didn’t you wonder how she wrote 20 more books AFTER she died?

His NYTimes obit is priceless.
Louis Epstein
2017-10-28 18:24:59 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
Wrote the Margaret Truman mystery books.
Wasn't he more famous for being King of Scotland back around 1100?