Healthwatch: David Peel, hippie rocker; marijuana advocate
2017-04-02 20:46:39 UTC
http://nypost.com/2017/04/02/i-like-marijuana-singer-david-peel-suffers-heart-attack/

Entertainment

‘I Like Marijuana’ singer David Peel suffers heart attack

By Johnny Oleksinski

April 2, 2017 | 8:

Anti-establishment rock ’n’ roller David Peel suffered a massive heart attack and is in critical condition, a friend told The Post.

Peel, 73, was stricken Friday and was recovering Saturday at Manhattan Veterans Hospital, where he is “resting up for a bypass,” friend John Penley said.

With his band, David Peel & the Lower East Side, he was known for the 1968 hippie anthem “I Like Marijuana.”

Peel — who was close friends with Beatle John Lennon — launched his music career in the late 1960s, strumming songs such as “Die Yuppie Scum” in Washington Square Park.

He was discovered by Lennon and signed by Apple Music to record the album “The Pope Smokes Dope.”
Jake D Jude
2017-04-02 20:53:21 UTC
[...]
This is good news. Lots of libtards are dying lately, hopefully this
unwashed scumbag will join them too. Contributed nothing to society and
should be out of it. He's already been in it too long but then again he
was part of the filth of New York City before Giuliani and Bloomberg
cleaned it up.
Harvey Fenwick Lung
2017-04-03 00:11:50 UTC
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 13:46:39 -0700 (PDT), That Derek
Post by That Derek
[...]
Does that mean he was a veteran if he's in the Veteran's Hospital?
He did serve his country.
marcus
2017-04-03 00:57:29 UTC
Post by Harvey Fenwick Lung
Does that mean he was a veteran if he's in the Veteran's Hospital?
He did serve his country.
"Mr. Peel was born David Rosario and grew up in Midwood, Brooklyn. He served in the Army in the mid-1960s and then began living downtown and playing the guitar in parks and on the street."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/nyregion/david-peel-sang-once-for-lennon-now-for-occupy-wall-street.html
Jake D Jude
2017-04-03 12:24:42 UTC
Can't wait to read his obituary.
Jake D Jude
2017-04-03 14:03:25 UTC
Post by Jake D Jude
Post by marcus
Post by Harvey Fenwick Lung
Does that mean he was a veteran if he's in the Veteran's Hospital?
He did serve his country.
"Mr. Peel was born David Rosario and grew up in Midwood, Brooklyn. He served in the Army in the mid-1960s and then began living downtown and playing the guitar in parks and on the street."
Can't wait to read his obituary.
-----
he ain't dead yet
But he's close. And many people are looking forward to another one of
the filthy hippies from the 1960's to drop dead.
Jake D Jude
2017-04-03 14:36:35 UTC
Post by Jake D Jude
Post by Jake D Jude
Post by marcus
Post by Harvey Fenwick Lung
Does that mean he was a veteran if he's in the Veteran's Hospital?
He did serve his country.
"Mr. Peel was born David Rosario and grew up in Midwood, Brooklyn. He served in the Army in the mid-1960s and then began living downtown and playing the guitar in parks and on the street."
Can't wait to read his obituary.
-----
he ain't dead yet
But he's close. And many people are looking forward to another one of
the filthy hippies from the 1960's to drop dead.
----
many of us were filthy hippies back then...but we have grownup and moved on.
It was a long fucking time that has past...Those were different times and many have been left behind in yesterday.
There are still a number of pillocks who have not grown up and moved on.
One of them even posts here. What's worse is that those shitheads are
trying to pollute young people today which is why there are snowflakes
on the street instead of working.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Remember that.
j***@gmail.com
We're all waiting for you to die pal, so we can party hearty over another dust bag Republican that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, or your mouth, or thought process. Anyone wishing anyone dead is a piece of shit, you piece of shit!
j***@gmail.com
Jake D Jude
2017-04-10 12:52:12 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Jake D Jude
Post by Jake D Jude
Post by marcus
Post by Harvey Fenwick Lung
Does that mean he was a veteran if he's in the Veteran's Hospital?
He did serve his country.
"Mr. Peel was born David Rosario and grew up in Midwood, Brooklyn. He served in the Army in the mid-1960s and then began living downtown and playing the guitar in parks and on the street."
Can't wait to read his obituary.
-----
he ain't dead yet
But he's close. And many people are looking forward to another one of
the filthy hippies from the 1960's to drop dead.
We're all waiting for you to die pal, so we can party hearty over another dust bag Republican that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, or your mouth, or thought process. Anyone wishing anyone dead is a piece of shit, you piece of shit!
Keep crying libtard. You lost another piece of manure from your shit
pile. You'll have to fly to another pile to eat.

MJ Emigh
2017-04-03 02:37:08 UTC

Well, I guess that's somewhat encouraging. The LES, East Village ....hell, all of NYC, actually just won't be the same if he doesn't make it back. David Peel IS the smile of New York!
A Friend
2017-04-03 02:37:39 UTC
Peel ‹ who was close friends with Beatle John Lennon ‹ launched his music
career in the late 1960s, strumming songs such as ³Die Yuppie Scum² in
Washington Square Park.
Nobody was singing about yuppies in the late 1960s. Yuppies were an
'80s thing.
MJ Emigh
2017-04-03 02:43:44 UTC
Although I don't recall the song, I'll guess that the writer meant "Yippie," since that came along in '68.
MJ Emigh
2017-04-03 02:54:04 UTC
OK....I just did a little research. it WAS Yuppie, but it wasn't late 60s. It's kind of a long story involving a spray painting event in 1989. Peel used the incident as a songwriting tool. So, the songs he WAS actually singing in the late 60s were more along the lines of "The Pope Smokes Dope," and the classic "Have A Marijuana."
A Friend