Beafaroni has passed.
Add Reply
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
2017-10-03 16:25:04 UTC
Billie Jean Varga, who posted here and on RPG, and entertained lots of you, I guess, left us yesterday afternoon - October 2md at 3:40 pm. I was with her when
she lost her 3 year battle with stage 4 colon cancer. She passed peacefully at home in a hospital bed comfortable with liquid morphine. For 2 weeks she had not eaten, and her fluid intake decreased dramatically the last 4 days, and was unresponsive on Sunday and Monday. She was thankfully not aware of the Vegas
massacre. She was born in Baltimore, grew up a catholic in Bucks Co. PA,
Lived in Denver, Racine Wisconsin, and mostly Los Angeles.
She had compassion for others, which made her go to nursing school after a stint
in Stockton as an EMT. She did work as an RN in LA and enjoyed working with
patients that others did not want. We met in LA, and she moved in with me in
Portland, OR in 1996. She drove a cab, tried to get back into nursing, but retired in 2008 to manage finances. We took many interesting trips including
three cruises. I do not have the time to post on these groups, so I may check in once in a while, but today I have to get to the funeral home to arrange the cremation. She was a lovely, smart, caring and kind person, and will be greatly missed by me, her spouse, and many others.

Call me DagnyGalt
marcus
May she rest in peace.
Dave Garrett
2017-10-05 00:39:56 UTC
[...]
Wow. I remember first seeing her posts regularly on another completely
unrelated newsgroup, but never really knew much about her background at
all. Usenet has long been greatly diminished from what it once was, but
it becomes incrementally more so every time news arrives of the passing
of someone who was a longtime contributor.

RIP.
--
Dave