Stan "the man" Lee's Wife, Joan Lee
Guilty Bastard
2017-07-17 19:30:23 UTC
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joan-lee-dead-wife-marvel-comics-legend-stan-lee-was-95-1018951

Joan Lee, the wife of Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee, died Thursday in
Los Angeles. She was 95.

"I can confirm the sad news that Joan Lee passed away this morning
quietly and surrounded by her family," a spokesperson for Stan Lee and
his family said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "The family
ask that you please give them time to grieve and respect their privacy
during this difficult time."
Anglo Saxon
Stan will be along shortly.
Bryan Styble
2017-07-18 03:28:54 UTC
First, Anglo, my difficult-but-ommetimes-wise mother made it clear to me early on that it's never good to wish on or even expect death of anyone, and second, given how hale Lee always seems in every televised interview, I think he's got a real shot at not merely surviving into his second century, but just maybe also continuing to be creatively productive.

A (seemingly-) super human, indeed!

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
Anglo Saxon
2017-07-18 04:18:38 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
A (seemingly-) super human, indeed!
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
For the sake of humanity, perhaps humility, I meant to imply that in a
marriage that long and a bond that close, and THAT AGE, My God!, the
spouse usually kicks the bucket within a few moon-rises after the dead one
goes. I'd give you a knuckle-sangwidge if we were in the same for you
daring to insinuate I'd wish death upon anyone. Except a suffering animal.

I suppose some guy in a Bat-mobile is going to choke himself barreling
into the mouth of a cave in Nevada somewhere. What is going on, anyway?
Bryan Styble
2017-07-18 06:38:34 UTC
Well, of course I'm sorry, Anglo, for so misreading your intent in that posting; as you surely realize, lack of means to connote tone* is one of the many reasons internet posting is always dicey.

I suppose the addition of phraseology to the effect of "I won't be surprised if Stan will be along shortly..." would have eliminated that ambiguity. And yep, I more than implied you were wishing death on him, I outright stated that was the impression I derived from your text! (I am in perfect harmony on your suffering-animal exception to the never-wish-death rule, incidentally.)

But again, I'm sorry for misreading that into your words, for indeed the famed case of the historians Will and Ariel Durant is the classic example of this fascinating if sad phenomenon, although if I recall correctly, their's was a special case in that the latter decedent--Will, if I am not confusing them--never learned of his bride's unfortunate demise several days earlier.

Although it could just as easily be argued that there is something happy--or at least lovely--about this every (presumably) rare time it occurs, due to its natural love-story appeal. Though given such occurrences of course are quite possibly merely coincidental, these instances nevertheless suggest to even the most cynical skeptics among us--such as myself on all matters metaphysical--that just maybe we are wrong about the apparent absence of any unseen intelligent controlling force governing our very existence.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
* Short of emoticons and/or emojis--they may be synonymous, for all I know--which I oppose on corruption-of-the-language grounds.

{I'm afraid I don't understand your Batmobile passage a whit, so I can't address your concluding question.]
Anglo Saxon
2017-07-18 11:35:46 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
{I'm afraid I don't understand your Batmobile passage a whit, so I can't
address your concluding question.]

The guy who jumped with his Superman cape on. The Lee's dying off. Various
wisecracks by wiseguys who have fun with words.

Will you be getting married soon?
Guilty Bastard
2017-07-19 14:06:21 UTC
Post by Guilty Bastard
Joan Lee, the wife of Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee, died Thursday in
Los Angeles. She was 95.
"I can confirm the sad news that Joan Lee passed away this morning
quietly and surrounded by her family," a spokesperson for Stan Lee and
his family said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "The family
ask that you please give them time to grieve and respect their privacy
during this difficult time."
Stan will be along shortly.
Shades of Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds... :-(