Erin Moran, 56, TV actress (Daktari; Happy Days) -- sketchy detaild for "Shortcake"
2017-04-23 01:46:24 UTC
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/happy-days-actress-erin-moran-dead-56-article-1.3090097

'Happy Days' actress Erin Moran reportedly dead at 56

BY Nicole Hensley

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Saturday, April 22, 2017, 9:11 PM

Happy Days” actress Erin Moran has died at age 56, according to TMZ.

Moran, who found fame as Joanie Cunningham in the hit ABC sitcom and its short lived spinoff “Joanie Loves Chachi,” faced a downward spiral in 2012 when she wound up broke and homeless. She was evicted from her home in an Indiana trailer park in 2012.

Details behind Moran’s death were not immediately known.
Anglo Saxon
2017-04-23 01:49:12 UTC
Post by That Derek
'Happy Days' actress Erin Moran reportedly dead at 56
Don't know why, but that makes me sad. A woman, that age. She must've
had a hellish life of abuse.
marcus
2017-04-23 03:17:27 UTC
Post by That Derek
'Happy Days' actress Erin Moran reportedly dead at 56
Don't know why, but that makes me sad. A woman, that age. She must've
had a hellish life of abuse.
I concur. This makes me sad.

She had issues at such a young age, whether it was abuse by others or by herself I don't know. IIRC, she made allegations about not being treated fairly...at one point refusing to participate in a Happy Days reunion.
c***@aol.com
2017-04-23 03:34:46 UTC
Maybe she was just a fucked up loser. Like Marcus. Not all losers were abused.
Anglo Saxon
2017-04-23 04:02:29 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
Maybe she was just a fucked up loser. Like Marcus. Not all losers were abused.
That's actually what I kinda sorta meant... abuse is a word I shouldn't
use anymore as it has lost its center. "Abusive life" is more like it.
Booze, drugs, sinking lower and lower to where you're reduced to being
on the streets and going from hole in the wall dumps to back of a car,
rinse, repeat. Bad enough for a guy but for an almost 60-year old woman,
christ. That's the city in me, I guess. Saw it every day for 35 years,
working in an office tower downtown. That hopeless vulnerability is
acute in the older women. Losers are living in the jungle, too.
c***@aol.com
2017-04-23 04:20:59 UTC
Sounds like she was a drug addict too who couldn't manage her life. Death was a kind release.
marcus
2017-04-24 21:07:17 UTC
Are you ready to retract the above statement?
Sarah Ehrett
2017-04-24 21:37:03 UTC
Post by marcus
Post by c***@aol.com
Sounds like she was a drug addict too who couldn't manage her life. Death was a kind release.
Are you ready to retract the above statement?
http://www.inquisitr.com/4170378/erin-moran-cancer-happy-days-stars-cause-of-death-was-secret-battle-with-late-stage-cancer/
"There were initial reports that Moran had died of a drug overdose..."

---
http://www.avg.com
c***@aol.com
2017-04-24 22:36:50 UTC
If Marcus was capable of reading comprehension he'd notice that I made no mention of cause of death. I was talking about her life choices which were drugs and a lifestyle of no responsibility. Try reading, asswipe.
That Derek
2017-04-23 01:59:58 UTC
A short life for Shortcake. It seems dying at such a young age is "wr-wr-wr-wr-- ... well, it ain't right! Whoa!"

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/22/happy-days-star-erin-moran-dead/

'Happy Days' Star Erin Moran Dead At 56

Erin Moran

'Happy Days' Star Dead At 56

4/22/2017 5:37 PM PDT

Erin Moran who famously played Joanie Cunningham on "Happy Days" and its spinoff "Joanie Loves Chachi" has died ... TMZ has learned.

We're told authorities in Indiana got a call just after 4 PM ET Saturday from someone reporting an "unresponsive female." EMT's arrived and found Erin Moran's body ... she was already dead.

Moran shot to spotlight in the early 70s when she was cast on "Happy Days" as Joanie, the younger sister of Ron Howard's character. She continued the role in 1982 alongside Scott Baio in "Joanie Loves Chachi" but the show only lasted one season.

Erin had a tough time after her "Happy Days" stardom ... a combination of drinking and bizarre behavior that eventually landed her in a trailer park in Indiana. She had run out of money and was reportedly kicked out of the mobile home she shared with husband Steve Fleischmann.

Through her career, Moran also landed roles on "Murder, She Wrote," "Desperation Boulevard," and "Celebrity Fit Club."

An autopsy is pending.

She was 56.
That Derek
2017-04-23 03:34:44 UTC
IIRC, I kind of remember some sort of TV "biography" of the programme "Happy Days" (query? "E! True Hollywood Story"? "Entertainment: Tonight"?) in which the background for Erin Moran said that her Father?/?stepfather?/uncle? had been a Venice CA-area serial killer who was fictionally portrayed by Tab Hunter in some low-budget movie.

A cursory IMdB search seems to point to an early 1970s Roger Corman slasher titled "Sweet Kill" (aka "The Arousers"; aka "A Kiss from Eddie").

Can anybody else corroborate my sketchy memory by fleshing out the details?
A Friend
2017-04-23 03:43:21 UTC
IIRC, I kind of remember some sort of TV "biography" of the programme "Happy
Days" (query? "E! True Hollywood Story"? "Entertainment: Tonight"?) in which
the background for Erin Moran said that her Father?/?stepfather?/uncle? had
been a Venice CA-area serial killer who was fictionally portrayed by Tab
Hunter in some low-budget movie.
A cursory IMdB search seems to point to an early 1970s Roger Corman slasher
titled "Sweet Kill" (aka "The Arousers"; aka "A Kiss from Eddie").
Can anybody else corroborate my sketchy memory by fleshing out the details?
Erin's brother Tony played Michael Myers in the first (1978) Halloween
film.
s***@gmail.com
2017-10-11 21:01:34 UTC
She stated on "Maury Povich" interview that her Un le was a "famous serial killer" then she said Tab Hunter Pollup or something of the sort. It was difficult to understand. I listened to the name several times. When I looked it up the only thing close was the actor Tab Hunter who played a serial killer in the movie "Sweet Kill". So I'm not certain if she was making things up, confused or what?
A Friend
2017-10-11 21:25:46 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
She stated on "Maury Povich" interview that her Un le was a "famous serial
killer" then she said Tab Hunter Pollup or something of the sort. It was
difficult to understand. I listened to the name several times. When I looked
it up the only thing close was the actor Tab Hunter who played a serial
killer in the movie "Sweet Kill". So I'm not certain if she was making things
up, confused or what?
The story, whether it is to be believed or not, is that Erin Moran's
uncle was the serial killer portrayed by Tab Hunter in a 1972
low-budget, Roger Corman-produced film entitled SWEET KILL.

RH Draney
2017-04-23 04:25:23 UTC
'Happy Days' actress Erin Moran reportedly dead at 56
And just one week after Emma Morano at 117...nice work messing with the
"not to be confused with" crowd, ladies....r
Terry del Fuego
2017-04-24 03:28:58 UTC
Post by RH Draney
And just one week after Emma Morano at 117...nice work messing with the
"not to be confused with" crowd, ladies....r
The whole thing's a scam. Moran died in 1981 in a tunnel that suddenly
sprouted some kind of rope-like restraining devices that eventually
squeezed her so hard that she exploded. It was all caught on film, I
don't know why people are falling for this.
RH Draney
Nobody's heard from her older brother Chuck yet, have they?...r
Guilty Bastard
2017-04-23 07:53:52 UTC
Erin Moran Overdose: Area Of Indiana Where 'Happy Days' Star Reportedly
Overdosed Is Facing Heroin Epidemic

<http://www.inquisitr.com/4166371/erin-moran-overdose-area-of-indiana-where-happy-days-star-reportedly-overdosed-is-facing-heroin-epidemic/>

Erin Moran died of a suspected heroin overdose on Saturday, with the
"Happy Days" star apparently becoming the latest victim in an epidemic
that has taken over the southern Indiana region where she lived during
her final days.

Moran was found dead on Saturday after police responded to a call for an
unresponsive female. While there is not yet an official word on Moran’s
cause of death, reports indicate that it was believed to be a heroin
overdose.

"Authorities found Moran's body in Indiana following a call about an
'unresponsive female at around 4 p.m. Saturday," the Daily Mail

<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4436544/Happy-Days-star-Erin-Moran-dies-aged-56.html#ixzz4f37ixEpY>

noted. "A source told DailyMail.com that Moran, who lived in a trailer
park in New Salisbury, Indiana, died of a suspected heroin overdose."

Happy Days star Erin Moran dies aged 56 Suspected heroin
ODhttps://t.co/JcU8rkWtds via @MailOnline
<https://twitter.com/MailOnline>

— SE Wright (@suzanneewright) April 23, 2017
<https://twitter.com/suzanneewright/status/856019295339466752>

Click here to continue and read more...
c***@aol.com
2017-04-23 11:08:57 UTC
Oh please. She wasn't the "victim" of an epidemic. She didn't have a virus. She was a fucking drug addict.
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
2017-04-23 18:54:27 UTC
Yeah, she had complete control of her life. Not a product of nature nor nurture, certainly not influence by her surroundings. We are all captains of our ship, poverty and ill health are lifestyle choices. Advertising and propaganda are wasted efforts, because in the end we all make independent choices depending solely if we are good people or not.
David Carson
2017-04-23 20:53:37 UTC
I must admit, those heroin ads have some catchy jingles.
c***@aol.com
2017-04-23 23:20:29 UTC
She was not a victim, she made choices like we all do.
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
2017-04-24 18:06:27 UTC
Just know I don't hate you. I can see you try as hard as you can.
marcus
2017-04-24 21:08:46 UTC
Oh, I get it now, she CHOSE to have cancer.
Sarah Ehrett
2017-04-24 21:34:21 UTC
Post by marcus
Post by c***@aol.com
She was not a victim, she made choices like we all do.
Oh, I get it now, she CHOSE to have cancer.
Remember, you're not obsessed with Cathy.

---
http://www.avg.com
Larry Liberal
2017-04-25 08:27:13 UTC
Post by marcus
Post by c***@aol.com
She was not a victim, she made choices like we all do.
Oh, I get it now, she CHOSE to have cancer.
And she had bad breath too from all those ciggies.

Ewww
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
2017-04-24 18:02:51 UTC
Post by David Carson
I must admit, those heroin ads have some catchy jingles.
I know in this age of willful ignorance, presenting uncomfortable facts is futile. But here goes:

OxyContin was heavily marketed as a non-addictive drug prescribed for minor pain. Purdue Pharmaceutical lost a $130 million judgement because of lying about side effects. They changed the chemistry slightly and redoubled their marketing efforts.

You may not be humming their jingle, but your doctor or dentist most certainly has. Oxy prescriptions soared in the early 2000's. Many became addicted. Even today, Purdue Pharm continues to flood isolated markets with the addictive drug.

What with doctor visits, Federal oversight and the high cost of the pills, getting their daily dose becomes cumbersome. Enter in heroin, which is cheaper and can be delivered to one's door. Addiction has moved from the ghetto to the suburbs. Everyday more than 1,000 people are treated in ERs for opioid addiction.

So heroin addiction is directly related to advertising. Without that advertising, many captains of their ships would have had smooth sailing.

BTW, Oxy is no more effective in relieving minor pain (dental work eg.) than ibuprofen.
Sarah Ehrett
2017-04-24 21:47:49 UTC
On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 11:02:51 -0700 (PDT), "Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love
So heroin addiction is directly related to advertising,
You get nuttier by the minute.

---
http://www.avg.com
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
2017-04-26 07:39:34 UTC
\

I see what you did there. From the Bullying For Dummies, chapter #4, "Gaslighting". More abuse from an obvious trying as hard as she can person.
Sarah Ehrett
Quoted you exactly. Now, put down the crack pipe, SmELLI.
t***@iwvisp.com
2017-04-26 20:00:13 UTC
From former child star Paul Peterson...
Erin Moran’s Legacy
It is not too soon to correct the record.
Erin was one of the kindest, most generous celebrities we’ve known.
She was beautiful, gracious, and among the most accommodating celebrities at hundreds of personal appearances over the past thirty years we’ve known. In short, she was a doll, the very model of how to accept and return the love of her fans.
Erin Moran died of an aggressive throat cancer that she chose to keep private, a condition known only to her husband, Steve, and a very few friends, nearly all of whom were former kid stars.
He co-stars never abandoned her. They kept the faith despite lurid Press reports. She overcame the dangers of living that face all of us.
Erin Moran had troubles in her life. All of those troubles were covered in lurid details by members of the Press who could not, themselves, withstand the same sort of rectal examination of their own lives. Are there no alcoholics in the Press? Do members of the Press not marry and divorce? Is drug use unknown in the Press? Are all those shameless internet consumers sitting in the dark exempt from personal failings and family scandals? Is your life without blemish?
Of course not.
I pray that you will remember Erin Moran and countless other former kid stars with a generosity of spirit that reflects the best of humanity. They lived. They provided hours of entertainment. They loved you.
In the end Erin Moran died without burdening you with her struggle. That’s the kind of person she was. Remember her kindly.
Paul Petersen
Sarah Ehrett
2017-04-26 22:05:51 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
From former child star Paul Peterson...
[...]
Nice update and write up from Paul Peterson. I read an online
article the other day about Erin and her neighbors all said she was a
sweetheart and wonderful friend and neighbor.
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
2017-04-26 21:30:15 UTC
Crack pipe? My! My little stalker is pulling out all the bullying tricks. Libel? One of the old standbys, an oldie but goody. After I have a good cry I'll be back. And you'll be demonstrating your pissy personality.
Sarah Ehrett
2017-04-26 21:59:56 UTC
On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 14:30:15 -0700 (PDT), "Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love
Post by Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
Crack pipe?
Lose it did you? Hit the streets for an hour and maybe after
smacking you around one of your tricks will buy you a new pipe.
Terry del Fuego
2017-04-25 17:56:42 UTC
On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 11:02:51 -0700 (PDT), "Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love
Post by Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
So heroin addiction is directly related to advertising.
Stories like this are pretty common as well:
<http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2016/09/08/opiate-purveyor-spends-big-to-oppose-marijuana-initiative/>

"A Chandler firm that could lose business from legalized marijuana is
now the largest contributor to a campaign to stop that from happening
here."

"Reports filed with the secretary of state’s office show Insys
Therapeutics, whose sole product is an opiate spray to treat pain for
cancer patients, gave $500,000 to Arizonans for Responsible Drug
Policy. That is nearly four times more than the second largest
donation of $110,000 from the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry
to try to defeat Proposition 205."

[etc.]
marcus
2017-04-24 21:07:58 UTC
Are you ready to retract that statement?
Topic Cop
She died doing what she loved.
Guilty Bastard
2017-04-24 17:22:57 UTC
Erin Moran Cancer: 'Happy Days' Star’s Cause of Death Was Secret Battle
With Late-Stage Cancer

Erin Moran Cancer: 'Happy Days' Star Fighting Secret Battle With
Late-Stage Cancer, I,
<http://www.inquisitr.com/4170378/erin-moran-cancer-happy-days-stars-cause-of-death-was-secret-battle-with-late-stage-cancer/>

Erin Moran was suffering from late-stage cancer that likely led to the
'Happy Days' star’s cause of death, police announced on Monday.

The troubled actress was found dead in her Indiana home on Saturday,
leading to somewhat of a mystery about how she had died. There were
initial reports that Moran had died of a drug overdose, but police
revealed this week that Erin Moran actually had stage 4 cancer and most
likely died of complications of the disease.

As WLKY reported, there were no signs that drugs played a role in her death.

"On Saturday the 22nd day of April, 2017, Erin Marie Moran-Fleischmann
passed away at her residence located in New Salisbury Indiana.

A joint investigation into Mrs. Moran's death was conducted by the Harrison
County Sheriff's Department and the Harrison County Coroner's Office,"
the departments announced in a statement

via "People"
http://people.com/tv/happy-days-star-erin-moran-died-stage-4-cancer/

"A subsequent autopsy revealed that Mrs. Moran likely succumbed to
complications of stage 4 cancer."

marcus
2017-05-04 04:04:42 UTC
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/happy-days-cast-reunites-erin-morans-memorial-194911697.html