Susan Brown, 86, TV soap opera actress (General Hospital, 1977-2004)
2018-09-01 18:46:53 UTC
https://michaelfairmantv.com/ghs-beloved-susan-brown-passes-away-at-86/2018/08/31/

Breaking News

GH’s Beloved Susan Brown Passes Away At 86

August 31, 2018

Heartbreaking news to report on Friday. Susan Brown, who played General Hospital’s Gail Baldwin has passed away at the age of 86.

Kin Shriner, who played Brown’s on-screen stepson, Scott Baldwin tweeted the news stating: “Sad to say one of my best friends and costars Susan Brown passed away today she played Gail Baldwin @GeneralHospital my mother R.I.P. Susan I will miss all our laughs.”

Lynn Herring (Lucy Coe) tweeted: “I am so honored to have worked with Susan, an amazing woman and the only one I knew who could keep you in line @kinshriner ! We will all miss her so!”

Jackie Zeman (Bobbie Spencer) responded: “Kin I am so sorry for your loss. I will miss Susan too. She was so very special, on set and in friendship. I remember all the good times we shared on our @GeneralHospital #GH lunch breaks at at her amazing dinner parties at her beautiful home. RIP Susan + God Bless. @kinshriner”

Brown came on to the Port Charles canvas in 1977. She was last seen in 2004 in the role.
Diner
2018-09-01 22:49:37 UTC
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/susan-brown-dead-dies-general-hospital-1202924125/
SEPTEMBER 1, 2018 9:22AM PT
Susan Brown, Actress on ‘General Hospital,’ Dies at 86
By MARGEAUX SIPPELL

Soap opera veteran Susan Brown, best known for her role as Dr. Gail Adamson Baldwin on “General Hospital,” died Friday after a battle with Alzheimer’s. She was 86.

A California native, Brown was born in San Francisco and graduated from the University of Southern California. She began her TV career in 1959 on soap opera “From These Roots,” going on to land parts on soaps like “The Young Marrieds,” “Bright Promise” and “Return to Peyton Place.” When she wasn’t acting, she ran an interior design firm, where she provided decorating services to her friends in the Hollywood. She was living in Los Angeles at the time of her death.

In 1977, she joined the cast of “General Hospital” as Dr. Baldwin, until her departure from the show in 1985. She made occasional appearances on the show until her official return in 1992 as a recurring character. She played the same character on General Hospital’s spin-off series “Port Charles,” where she remained until her final episode in 2004.

Her performance in “General Hospital” earned her a Daytime Emmy nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress in 1979.

Her on-screen stepson, Kin Shriner (Scotty Baldwin) took to Twitter to express his condolences. “Sad to say one of my best friends and costars Susan Brown passed away today,” he wrote. “R.I.P. Susan I will miss all our laughs .”

Other TV roles include Adelaide Fitzgibbon on “As the World Turns,” Fran Whitaker on “The Young and the Restless,” Mrs. Cooper on “Beverly Hills, 90210,” and Amber Edwards on “Frasier.”

Her film roles include playing former First Lady Pat Nixon in the TV movie “The Final Days” as well as another stint as a first lady, this time Nancy Reagan, in “Without Warning: the James Brady Story.”

© 2018 Penske Media Corporation