Richard O'Brien, Designed Fox News's 'Look,' Dies at 60
2017-08-09 10:07:51 UTC
The Man Behind the Look of Fox News, Rich O'Brien, Has Died

By Chris Ariens on Aug. 7, 2017 - 5:13 PM

Richard O'Brien, who spent 21 years at Fox News Channel, before
departing earlier this year, has died following injuries suffered in a
car accident three weeks ago.

O'Brien, 60, joined Fox News before launch in 1996 rising to senior VP
and creative director. Before Fox, O'Brien spent 8 years at CNBC and
America's Talking as creative director.

"Rich was a valued colleague, boss, mentor and friend to many at FNC,"
a Fox News spokesperson said in a statement. "He led a graphics team
that revolutionized the on-screen presentation of cable news and his
creativity has been on display via FNC's logo, chyrons, lower thirds
and many more innovations for 20 plus years. We are incredibly saddened
by his passing and send our heartfelt condolences to his entire
family."

O'Brien's on-air look was replicated across the FOX Television stations
not long after former Fox News CEO, the late Roger Ailes, was put in
charge of the station group.

O'Brien is survived by his wife, Karen, and a son and daughter.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/the-man-behind-the-look-of-fox-news-rich-
obrien-has-died/337482
RH Draney
NTCW the guy who played Riff Raff in RHPS....r
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
2017-08-10 03:50:52 UTC
No mention of his educational background. There is a movie, "The Brainwashing of My Dad". It explained much of the thought that went into FOX News graphics to illicit negative emotions. The man was a genius in manipulating the masses. Refrigerators to Eskimos.