Tom Netherton, Lawrence Welk singer, 70
Add Reply
missussex
2018-01-12 02:37:48 UTC
Brad Netherton, Tom's brother, is reporting on Facebook that the former Lawrence Welk Show baritone died last Sunday, January 7. He would have been 71 today. The cause of death was flu that turned into pneumonia. As of today no official announcement or obituary has been posted.

Tom was a handsome, 6'5" tall blonde never who married. Lawrence Welk always liked to tease the female audience members with, "He's still single, ladies!" Born in Munich, Germany, Tom was the son of an Army officer. He was a devout Christian who recorded for Word, a faith-based entertainment company based in Nashville.
Michael OConnor
2018-01-12 04:14:17 UTC
Too bad he didn't sing this song on the show:

That Derek
2018-01-12 04:45:49 UTC
And when Mary Lou Metzger hosted re-packaged Welk reruns from the 1970s/1980s in the 1990s and 2000s on PBS, she also reminded the audience that Netherton was still single. I would sarcastically answer back "Geez, I wonder why!"
c***@aol.com
2018-01-12 15:48:08 UTC
Homophobic much?