Archive: Wally Cox, Feb.15, 1973
d***@comcast.net
2006-02-15 06:57:50 UTC
Wally Cox
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wallace Maynard Cox (born December 6, 1924; died February 15, 1973) was
a television and motion picture actor.

He was born in Detroit, Michigan and moved to New York to study with
Stella Adler. He was a roommate of Marlon Brando, with whom he was [1]
rumoured to have been romantically linked, although Cox was twice
married. He is not related to the actress, Courteney Cox Arquette, but
was the son of Archibald Cox (no relation to the Watergate special
prosecutor).

His best-known roles were as mild-mannered teacher Robinson Peepers of
the television sitcom Mr. Peepers (1952-1955); the eponymous hero of
The Adventures of Hiram Holliday; regular panelist on the television
game show Hollywood Squares; and voice of the animated cartoon
character Underdog. He played character roles in over twenty motion
pictures. His television and screen persona was that of a shy, timid
man who wore thick eyeglasses and spoke in a tentative, high-pitched
voice.

Died of a heart attack in Los Angeles at the age of 48
d***@comcast.net
2006-02-15 07:03:40 UTC
Peter Marshall: What is it now, that Underdog always says?

Wally Cox: Where are my residuals??
d***@comcast.net
2006-02-15 07:04:13 UTC
Matthew Kruk
2006-02-15 07:24:09 UTC
Post by d***@comcast.net
Wally Cox
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[...]
There's no need to fear, Underdog (aka Shoeshine Boy) is here to save Sweet
Polly Purebred (Norma MacMillan):

http://www.toontracker.com/totaltv/underdog.htm

Norma MacMillan (Casper/Wendy/etc.)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0534018/
J.D. Baldwin
2006-02-15 13:48:08 UTC
Post by d***@comcast.net
Died of a heart attack in Los Angeles at the age of 48
Wally Cox's death came up here a few years ago. Various sources could
be found saying he died in a house fire, of tuberculosis, as a suicide
and of a heart attack. I think "heart attack" is the most likely
candidate, but there is some question about it.
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If anyone disagrees with any statement I make, I
_|70|___:)=}- J.D. Baldwin |am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also
d***@comcast.net
2006-02-15 16:59:00 UTC
I've always known how long I've worn glasses, because the day I was
coming home from the optometrist, I heard on the car radio that Wally
Cox had died!
PirateJohn
2006-02-15 17:16:50 UTC
Surprised that no one mentioned that when Brando died it came out that
Cox's ashes were on the mantle of one of Brando's houses.
kathypig
2006-02-15 18:01:03 UTC
IIRC there was a line in Brando's will that his and Cox's ashes were to
be scattered together.
Kathy C
Nell
2006-02-15 18:11:14 UTC
I go along with the heart attack probablity because his formerly fairly
thin body had become "apple" shaped which is a precursor to heart
disease and type-2 diabetes, which can lead to strokes.

http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet/healthyweight/yourbodyshape/

Nell
Charlene
2006-02-15 18:31:13 UTC
d***@comcast.net
2006-02-15 21:00:08 UTC
He is not related to the actress, Courteney Cox Arquette...

Maybe not, but her husband's grandfather, Cliff Arquette, was a
Hollywood Squares regular as Charlie Weaver!
R H Draney
2006-02-15 22:26:19 UTC
Post by d***@comcast.net
He is not related to the actress, Courteney Cox Arquette...
Maybe not, but her husband's grandfather, Cliff Arquette, was a
Hollywood Squares regular as Charlie Weaver!
Continuing ever kevinbaconward: Charlie Weaver was, of course, no relation to
contemporary comedian Winstead "Doodles" Weaver, whose brother Sylvester "Pat"
Weaver was the father of Susan "Sigourney" Weaver....

Do these people not believe in using the names they were given or what?...r
AndrewJ
2006-02-15 21:08:25 UTC
Post by d***@comcast.net
He was a roommate of Marlon Brando, with whom he was [1]
rumoured to have been romantically linked, although Cox was twice
married.

My great-aunt Anitra was the matron of honor at Cox's first wedding.

-- Andrew