Walter Becker of Steely Dan fame, dead at 67
2017-09-03 16:05:55 UTC
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/09/03/walter-becker-steely-dan-co-founder-dead-at-67.html

Walter Becker, Steely Dan co-founder, dead at 67
Published September 03, 2017 Fox News

Walter Becker, guitarist and the co-founder of band Steely Dan, died Sunday, his official site announced. He was 67 years old.

The announcement did not reveal Becker's cause of death.

Donald Fagen, co-founder and lead singer of Steely Dan, told Billboard in early August Becker was "recovering from a procedure and hopefully he’ll be fine very soon.” Becker had missed two performances with the band during its Classic West and Classic East concerts.

Steely Dan disbanded in 1981, but came back in 1993 and has been touring since then. The band released several albums including “Two Against Nature,” which won four Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year.

Steely Dan was inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001.
Michael OConnor
2017-09-03 16:43:58 UTC
My favorite track from Becker's mid-90's CD "11 Tracks of Whack":

As a huge Steely Dan fan, I was hoping they would produce another album or two. I am happy I got to see them live in Charlotte in 1996.

I still think their Best Album Grammy for "Two Against Nature" in 2000 was given for lifetime achievement, and it was not one of their best albums by any means. It wasn't at the level of "Aja" or "Pretzel Logic". But in a way I was happy to see them get recognized, that they probably should have won Best Album for "Aja" which I thought was one of the finest albums of the 70's.
Sarah Ehrett
2017-09-03 17:49:20 UTC
On Sun, 3 Sep 2017 09:05:55 -0700 (PDT), Michael OConnor
Post by Michael OConnor
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/09/03/walter-becker-steely-dan-co-founder-dead-at-67.html
Walter Becker, Steely Dan co-founder, dead at 67
Published September 03, 2017 Fox News
Walter Becker, guitarist and the co-founder of band Steely Dan, died Sunday, his official site announced. He was 67 years old.
Hmmmm .... Reelin' In The Years ......