Healthwatch: Tom Jones - postpones US tour due to medical issues
2017-09-02 21:27:15 UTC
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/singer-tom-jones-postpones-us-tour-due-health-49581490

Singer Tom Jones postpones US tour due to medical issues
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
LONDON — Sep 2, 2017, 11:10 AM ET

Veteran singer Tom Jones announced Saturday that he was reluctantly postponing a U.S. concert tour scheduled to kick off next week because of health issues.

The 77-year-old Welsh crooner said on Twitter that his fall tour would be delayed "following medical advice. He did not reveal the state of his health or provide further details.

Jones sent his "sincere apologies" to U.S. fans planning to attend the shows. A statement on his website said the rescheduled tour would take place in May and June of next year and that tickets for the postponed shows would be honored.

Jones had been expected to begin a lengthy U.S. tour in Pennsylvania on Sept. 6. He has enjoyed a long career that began with "It's Not Unusual," ''What's New Pussycat" and other hits in the mid-and late 1960s.

He was for a time one of the world's most popular recording artists and after attracting a new generation of fans with 1999's "Sex Bomb," has never lost the ability to attract concertgoers.

Jones received a knighthood from Britain's Queen Elizabeth II in 2006 for services to music.

The surprise postponement of his tour dates prompted numerous concerned comments from fans who wished him well on Twitter. Jones' wife of 59 years, Linda, died last year of cancer.
That Derek
2017-09-02 21:48:43 UTC
Why? Why? Why?
cruciverbalist
2017-09-09 19:41:31 UTC
On Sat, 2 Sep 2017 14:48:43 -0700 (PDT), That Derek
Post by That Derek
Why? Why? Why?
LOL!
Anglo.Saxon
2017-09-10 03:12:49 UTC
Post by cruciverbalist
On Sat, 2 Sep 2017 14:48:43 -0700 (PDT), That Derek
Post by That Derek
Why? Why? Why?
LOL!
Yeah, that was pretty good... :)
MJ Emigh
2017-09-10 02:58:50 UTC
Why? Why? Why?
He just couldn't take any more.
c***@aol.com
2017-09-10 03:12:10 UTC
It's not that unusual.
Anglo.Saxon
2017-09-10 03:44:07 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
It's not that unusual.
Why do all these make me LOL? I'm a sucker
for 'em.

p.s.
I know I don't contribute any obits to this group
and I feel like a leech sometimes, but I honestly
don't hear stuff until afterwards. All I can say is
I enjoy and appreciate you guys a whole bunch. The art
of a good one-off is so dead in regular socializing
now that I cherish the goodies that pop-up on usenet.
Anglo Saxon