Earl Arnold, 95, Canadian film producer (Children o/t Corn); 1980s film colourizer
2017-04-20 21:35:18 UTC
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?n=earl-arnold-glick&pid=185146088

Earl Arnold GLICK Obituary

GLICK, Earl Arnold - Our dear father Earl Glick passed away Monday, April 17, 2017 one month shy of his 96th birthday. He had a remarkable life, lived on his own terms; a one of a kind individual. He was an entrepreneur of the times in the natural resources and mining sector of Canada and active in the entertainment and film business. He was involved in many ventures such as colourization for which he won an Emmy award. He owned The Hal Roach Film studios and library and produced several feature films. He was dynamic, creative and passionate about his projects. Devoted husband of the late Essie Dorfman Glick. He is survived by his children Rabbi Joel (Yoel) and wife Nomi, Rani Glick and husband Jan-Willem Gritters, Jonathan Glick, and the late Mara Beth Glick. Dear brother of Neila Elaine Carlebach and the late Norman, Daniel and Srul Irving Glick. Devoted grandfather of Navonel, Rabbi Adir and Rachel Glick, and Nils, and Liam Gritters, and great-grandfather of Shalva. The funeral will be held at 10:30 a.m. at the Beth Tzedec Synagogue, 1700 Bathurst Street on Friday, April 21, 2017 with the interment at the Beth Tzedec Cemetery Bathurst St (north of Finch and Bathurst). Shiva will be held at 88 Winchester Street (Carlton and Parliament Street), from 1 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. starting following Shabbat on Saturday, April 22nd to Wednesday, April 26th. Donations can be made to Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) or the Canadian Film Centre..

Published in the Toronto Star on Apr. 20, 2017
danny burstein
2017-04-20 22:21:06 UTC
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?n=3Dearl-arnold-glic=
k&pid=3D185146088
Earl Arnold GLICK Obituary
GLICK, Earl Arnold - Our dear father Earl Glick passed awayi
... [snip ]

** He was involved in many ventures such as colourization
** for which he won an Emmy award.

(emphasis added).

Wait, WHAT?! There was an Emmy category
for this spawn of the devil?